Windows 10

I have windows 7 and love it. Rarely have any issues. I’ve been ignoring the annoying pop up on my desktop for a free Windows 10 upgrade.

This weekend I read online that if you dont upgrade by July then the upgrade will cost $100 after.

Has anyone upgraded yet?

Id like to know if there are any bugs or issues after the upgrade and is it really worth it? I really like Win7 and my current set up

Ditto

Upgraded it recently to 10. Love it.

No issues so far…

Wait what happened to Windows 9?

Is Cortana a disembodied voice, or is it a naked chick like in Halo?

This is an important customer question.

I hate few things in life.

One of them is Windows 10.

What do you hate most about it?

I am a meticulous user and have just had a lot of interface issues. Maybe most will find it fine but it felt like when they upgraded excel and it was marginally different, but for the people that used it a lot was some changes and slowdowns in shortcut commands and stuff. Just to make a small analogy.

I have upgraded as a test to see the new interface especially that it is easy to go back to the old OS (within a month’s frame). So far 10 has been flawless, with neither existing software having compatibility issues. Biggest motive for MS seems to be pushing the OneDrive to more users. I am still resisting.

I say upgrade it now because sooner or later you will. MS has got us all by the gonads.

windows 10 is awful. I am close to sending it back, throwing out my pc and buying a mac. It’s that bad.

Excel will randomly freeze, many times the computer will automatically restart, the amount of spyware is absurd, you sign a document noting windows is not liable for all the info they receive from you,

You have to go online to find a few tips to remove MOST of the spyware, and the computer won’t restart either. But I still get random frozen screens in Excel. Not to mention the whole layout, just like windows 8.

Computer I bought had 8 on it which is terrible. 10 is significantly better than 8, about the same as 7 to me.

My new laptop came with 10 on it. I have had no performance issues or bugs in the few months I’ve had it. Had to get rid of some of the spyware, but I thought that was just standard operating procedure for Windows computers.

XP or hacksaw.

So by “spyware”, you mean Windows bloatware, right? Including stuff that sends your data to Microsoft? Not third party programs that steal your data. Because it would be surprising if you got infected by this stuff right out of the box.

I really like Windows 10, but I’ve heard plenty of complaints from others too. Probably one of those personal taste things.

After the horror that was Win 8, I’m afraid to touch anything beyond Windows 7.

I’m Mac myself.

Correct. I never know what the hell it’s called. Malware, spyware, junk. Just crap I don’t want on my computer.

There’s a difference. It’s bloatware, not spyware nor malware. Windows 10 seems solid to me. Just have to get used to the interface.

W10 has more features than W7. It’s alright after a few privacy settings tweaks.

http://www.techradar.com/sg/news/software/operating-systems/the-windows-10-privacy-settings-you-need-to-change-right-now-1301257

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/