If Tim Duncan had any pride left, he would retire

Actually, he just did.

Fare thee well to one of the greatest (Top 2?) players in NBA history. And probably the classiest (Top 2, for sure) of all time.

The only controversial thing he ever did in his career? He got kicked out of a game–while sitting on the bench.

I do remember that game against the Mavs. Gotta love Joey Crawford.

Duncan is certainly the greatest power forward of all time and remained true to his team for 19 years winning 5 championships(had opportunities to win 2 more and pass Jordan) and will be remembered as one of the few college graduates to go on to greatness in the NBA. Not sure how the Spurs will do over the course of the next couple years but they need some more athletic players if they are to compete with the likes of GS because Leonard cant shoulder everything going forward.

http://www.theonion.com/search?q=Tim+Duncan

The Celtics missing out on him in that lottery is one of the biggest disappointments I can think of. What a career. And naturally he retires quietly and out of the spotlight. No pathetic farewell tours like Kobe.

Who do the Demon Deacons cheer for now?

^

CP3 maybe?

^Damn, didn’t realize he was such a stud. Just read his bio.

^IIRC, Tim Duncan has more playoff points than 4 of the NBA franchises combined.

Mike and Mike brought up the stark differences between Tim Duncan and Kobe on today’s show.

Who had the better retirement?

Who had the better career?

Who would you rather be?

Who would you rather play with?

Who would you rather own/coach?

Duncan

Duncan

Duncan (this is the only one where I even hesitated as playing in LA would probably be a lot more fun than SA, then I remembered Kobe raped someone)

Duncan

Duncan

who would you rather own? That’s doesn’t sound right…

I thought the same thing as I was typing it. Then I thought, “Oh well. They’ll figure it out.”