AF Boston Meetup (The Sequel)

For anyone not on the email chain - and in the Boston region tomorrow - we are having another AF meetup in Boston. Anyone in the area is encourage to attend AF’s best chapter, ping me for details.

Too bad I missed out.

Am I the only one who thinks a meetup with the good people of AF would be extremely awkward? Let’s say PA showed up – how would one even address him? Would you assume he’s a normal human being in real life and try to have a normal conversation, or would assume you’re in for a face to face flame war and approach him accordingly?

If the latter happens can someone please record a poor quality cell phone video of the action. There are that many AFers in Boston? Was not aware of this

Tomorrow!?! com’on… you have to give me more than one day notice. :frowning:

So far I’ve never really had an awkward meetup with people from AF. Usually just a lot of fun drinking and not a lot of actual AF based discussions.

Never really had an issue with trolls trying to show up since most of their whatever it is they do requires an annoymous online persona. There’s a number of AFers in most cities. I’ve metup with some of the gang from Chicago, NYC, Philly, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Boston and some others I’m forgetting. Most of those happened back in the studying days as a candidate when I’d just blast out a meetup post when I traveled.

We’ve got a good crew - got too drunk last time - but nevertheless, a solid gang.

KMD - we may be seeing a few of your ex-colleagues after. You should come.

I thought it was the right amount of drunk, personally.

What do you mean ex -colleagues… you hang out with retired strippers? Anyway, I would really like to go but you are not worth a 5-6 hour drive in Friday traffic. I may be interested in a NYC meetup. I am considering doing the 5th ave mile (as ACE said… it’s indeed “baller” to race down 5th ave) It is Sept 3. Anyone interested in going out that night? (first round of drinks on me!)

The side of your car would disagree I think…my b.

alright next time. NYC neets to get their ish together and do a meetup, im sure there are 100 people on this forum living in a rat hole in one of the boroughs.

I heard Ohai is throwing a party in his midtown loft

Hacksaw. Park, 6th or gtfo

is this kosher?

so about that 5th ave mile… I’m definitly doing it. I just went to the track to see if I still have any kick left from years ago when I ran track. Went well! I just signed up.

I will post about a meet up closer to the date. Hey KR… we would have a blast!

yeah might have been able to make that early Aug meetup before this semester starts in NYC/PA/RI and surrounding early Aug

As long as you don’t make me race :wink:

Ha my thoughts exactly. Big stud muffin always wanted to meet up with me when I was in DC. But if you’re ever in Boston, then I’d go. We can talk triple nets to the ladies… That’s what works, right?

i can safely say I will never meet anyone from AF…well maybe I’d let KMD grind up on me, but she wouldn’t know I’m an AFer.

^No love for kr?