Formula 1 thread

Any other F1 fans on the forum? I just started watching this season, I really became interested after the epic ending of the Austrian Grand Prix where the Petronas teammates Hamilton and Rosberg were 1st and 2nd with a huge margin between themselves and the 3rd place driver, and instead of just cruising to the finish line Rodberg basically tried to force Hamilton off the track (here is a short clip for those interested). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svf22MD11lU These races have a ton of action and are alot of fun to watch.

F1 or hacksaw.

Unfortunately that seems all too real right now:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36891829

It’s his mother in law, you know he paid for that sh*t

Meh, it wasn’t that big of a deal. Rodberg was cruising to a gentlemen’s finish with his teammate who tried to sucker punch him with a cheap late pass when his guard was down. Rodberg just said nope and made his point with an intentional block. There are far more epic finishes. Senna is a cool documentary about one of the all time legends definitely worth watching. Rush was also surprisingly good, I was sure it was going to be awful when I saw the previews.

Got the L2 pass news yesterday, rewarding myself with a trip to the US Grand Prix in October. I wish I would have been a bigger fan of the sport when I met Mario Andretti a year ago, had to think of something to say quickly, I told him that I enjoyed his wine (which was a lie)…LOL! I think he may be fermenting his used motor oil.

Never been a race fan but Rush was a nice gateway movie.

I have Senna in my queue. I thought the Austrian GP finish was crazy, especially compared with Hungary where most of the action was further back in the pack (Verstappen and Raikonnen battle was fun to watch though)

Stop for a minute and just let it sink in how stupidly lucky / awesome Verstappen’s life is having been a pro F1 driver at the age of 17. I think if I could swap lives with one person, that would have to be it.

I think we can all agree that Lewis Hamilton is a bell end

I envy him and Jordan Spieth equally

But he is fast

I’m not a golf dude, but if I were 18 and you offered me a career on the PGA or a career going 200+ mph in F1 cars I know what I would have chosen.

F1 groupies are probably more fun than golf groupies

100%

Party wise probably, but I’d choose Spieth-life. 2 majors already, 20-40 year career on the tour playing golf week in and week out? or driving fast cars and possibly going up in flames at any given race? Golf chicks can be pretty hot too man.

Personal preference I guess, golf sounds completely unappealing in comparison. Like asking if you’d rather be Jimi Hendrix or Michael Buble.

^yeah, i’d take the adrenaline rush over golf any day

hot classy babe…

I’ve not attended an F1 race, so I cannot offer an opinion on the F1 groupies, but I’ve attended plenty of PGA events and I think you’d be pretty surprised.

I was an F1 fan back in the 80’s and early 90’s when it was Senna, Prost, and Piquet. Kind of lost interest after that for some reason.