Hunted

Ok… so there is a reality tv show in the UK called ‘hunted’.

Essentially you get 24hrs to pack your bags to leave your home, wife and kids and go off the grid and you must stay hidden for 4 weeks. During this time a bunch of ex MI5 people use all their power to track you down and ‘arrest’ you.

They will, search your home, speak with your family (who you may have prepped), break into your laptop, track your car and friends car, track your cell, use all the automatic facial recognition software. They have also, in a previous series put up wanted posters with monetary rewards, hacked into facebook accounts, shutdown your bank accounts…

Do you think you could do it? Could you win the game?.. p.s. no jumping the country!

We’re getting closer to a Running Man type of scenario. I feel like there is a deep social commentary to be made here.

I suspect it would be easier in the US given the size the country and all the large wooded areas, but I doubt I could manage it. BS would probably be able to do it.

this sounds terrible. so MI5 works for the bbc now?

edit: i just read that it’s former police and MI5 folks. how do they legally track and hack stuff then?

also, this sort of sounds like a drawn out version of Mantracker…which is terrible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantracker

If you somehow managed to get yourself into the wilderness of Scotland you’d have a good chance I say, given the requisite survival skills. The riskiest part of the journey would be getting from the start point up to Scotland.

Alternatively if you were brown I’m sure you you’d be fine hiding in Birmingham or one of the Northern towns.

I think he’d be more likely to last a week, go mad and forget he was on a TV show, get backed into a corner and end up shooting all the hunters with his automatic weapons.

There was a murder in Edinburgh a few years ago where the guy drove from the outskirts of Edinburgh to the highlands to dispose of the body and they were able to track virtually all his movements. They never found the body but he was convicted.

The UK has got to be one of the countries with the most surveillance in the world.

That would count as winning,no?

Or actively seek out the hunters and shoot them, because offense is the best defense.

One dude last season sent a bunch of cryptic emails (which he deleted) from an encrypted laptop hidden under a mattress. It was all in the name of throwing the hunters off the scent. He went off to the highlands by hitching a ride with an old friend, but sent the hunter down into cornwall.

He lived ok in Scotland and i thought he was onto a winner, until he had to get some money for some food. He used a friend of a friends credit card and was spotted on cctv in a car of said friend which was tracked and he was caught…

essentially saying ‘meet you in the south downs’. This was a massive ploy

They also sent around mugshots of him in local papers, tv, radio to track him down!!!

4 Weeks is it? I don’t think that would be hard to do at all. These types of shows are all scripted and setup to create hype though.

Well, to win this thing you got to be completely off the grid. stay away from people, out of towns, have all the food ready, literally eating k-rations for 4 weeks straight and distilling your own urine. No phone no email, nothing electronic. Probably have to move in the cover of darkness. I mean I don’t know if I could do it - getting to the highlands without being detected is hard enough.

Another fun idea would be make like you’re going north but double back somewhere and live on a tugboat on the Thames for 4 weeks.

Shows like this don’t make sense because you’ve got a camera crew following the hunted, which is pretty unrealistic, and a mobility handicap.

#brexit

Loled at the comments.

lol’d coz u aint got game plan?