Trump doesn't want to win

Makes sense, he just wants out at this point.

To actually win, would destroy him, his family, and his business. Only Trump knows all the stuff he did over the last 50yrs, he knows it’s very bad, he knows the world digging into it for 4yrs would bring out everything…which would end him.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/291286-is-trump-deliberately-throwing-the-election-to

The guy isn’t giving up. People want him to quit, confirmation bias. They’ll pick out details here and there and say, that points to this conclusion. And those things are odd, I don’t agree with everything he says or does (like talking about the inner cities anytime someone brings up minorities or telling them “What do you have to lose?”) I know most won’t do this but if you watch an entire rally of his, the whole thing might be 1% of what that article suggest but the other 99% of the time, he’s giving it all he has.

The Presidential election is over whether Trump gives up or not or wants to win or not. Hillary should start installing her transition team and focus on shoring up the House and Senate. Shaheen vs Ayotte is a more relevant race than this clownshow.

He definitely doesn’t want to win, which is strange.

I’ve only got four possibilities 1) he’s a sociopath and can’t help himself, he just likes to watch the world burn (this has always been my main theory), 2) it was a fun stunt but now he wants out before he destroys his business, 3) he’s employed by outsiders to poop on America (Russia being the most obvious connection), 4) he’s short the S&P500 and wants to tank it via his own stupid actions, or other financial scheme.

He has succeeded in delegitimizing voting, delegitimizing a Hillary presidency, has people talking about rioting and civil war, and in general has made a global joke out of America. So I think it does matter if his goal is not to win, but to cause lasting damage.

It’s mind boggling that Trump is still (2 weeks before the election) only talking to his base and makes no attempt to broaden his message. It’s as if he is still running in the Republican primaries. That’s the reason he can’t break the 40% resistance level in the polls with any consistency.

Precisely, it makes me wonder how he plans to monetize those 30% fanatics. There must be some “win”, in his view, of commanding the minds of those loyal troops, and abandoning the 70%. Obviously they can not give him the office, and they don’t fit his TRUMP golf/wine cheesy brand (they won’t be buying his condos). Is Trump a revolutionary?

Fair point. That’s also the wishes of the deplorables.

PA i see you caught up on South Park episodes.

Hmmm, I thought about it more but I can’t get anywhere!! Damn you Trump! angry

Whenever I see someone making apparently dumb moves, when I know they aren’t dumb, it makes me wonder if there is a strategy (although almost nobody but me uses this strategy, so I don’t see if very often). With Trump, it’s really hard to analyze, because he’s a classic impulsive sociopath. So he’s making random impulsive moves and truly doesn’t have control of himself, BUT that doesn’t mean he hasn’t also imbedded a strategy underneath those moves. That’s what I would do.

If there were a strategy, what strategy would explain the apparently dumb moves?. Hmm, you’d deliberately decrease your 30% following because you only need 10% of 30%, to lose the election, but win the country. You filter out the rational people, drive them away, until you have a hardened radical base willing to do anything you say. I mean, 3% (10M) deplorables with guns led by a sociopathic billionaire, is more than 51% rational law abiding citizens led by a boring politician.

It fits. Can’t think of another explanation that fits better. Unless we just say he’s an idiot doing irrational things for no reason? That’s what the media assumes.

IMO, you’re thoughts are close to what I’ve observed, but I still think he’s trying to win the election. his strategy is to increase the percentage of his base that votes rather than grow his base. At his rallies, he is pushing hard for votes. I caught one of the early speakers once, and they are like text “TRUMP” to xxxxx to make sure you are registered.

one of his commercials goes something like, there are x number of Christian conservatives and they could have decided the election in 2012, I think.

In the end, there will be a ton of people who love and hate Trump and Hillary and will be sitting at home on Election Day.

I think the problem he is having is that he probably senses that life as president would suck, but he can’t quit the race or lose it without being thought of as a loser (and to a woman no less). I don’t see how his ego and mentality can accept it.

This would seem to explain his campaign message that the election is rigged (without saying how) even before the election has happened.

I used to joke that he thinks the election is rigged because he’s not winning and he knows from his own experience that the only way he can win things is by rigging it, so she must be rigging it better than he can. But if he can argue that the election is rigged, he’s able to lose and still think of himself as a winner.

To an extent the “they’re against me because I’m a woman” is a similar solution to cognitive dissonance on the Clinton side of things, the main difference being that it’s somewhat more plausible (albeit only somewhat).

That makes sense.

The guy throws off so many conflicting messages, it’s difficult to analyze.

Ask Bernie Sanders if the election is rigged.

^You forgot he supports Hillary?

Yes, but Bernie Sanders actually could explain how it was rigged (superdelegates in HRC’s pocket and a DNC that was controlling the process). The DNC does not control the electoral process in the general elections, nor does the sitting President or Congress (except in the case of an electoral college tie, where the Congress does have a role). There is also no constitutional requirement that the process that political parties use to field candidates be democratic, since political parties are not even officially part of the constitutional process.

For Sanders, it sucked that the democratic party has a process that involves elections but includes an option to override it via superdelegates. But 1) he was officially an outsider (running as a democrat, but avowedly from a different party), and 2) he knew these were the rules for the path he chose going in, and 3) nothing actually illegal was going on, since parties can choose their candidates by whatever process they feel like. It did suck - especially for him - that the process was designed to look more democratic than it really was, and that’s why the Bernie guys felt unjustly screwed.

Trump doesn’t have a mechanism. He just says that “There is a vast left, center, and moderate-right wing conspiracy that doesn’t want him to be President,” and if he loses, it’s eo ipso proof that the election is rigged.

No, he supports his party. Big difference.

Given the record negatives on both sides, this was the year for a big time independent to jump in the race. Why didn’t it happen?

Cheering for my guy! Hope he wins big league tonight!!!

It’s Donny’s hail mary night!