Should political discussion be banned on AF?

It seems that every political thread turns into a nasty discussion. Would AF and the water cooler be better off without it?

Yes, six months ago. Now it’ll be over in a week. May as well just ride it out.

If we ban politics, what does that leave? Just sex and religion (and colonic cleansing). And the occasional excel hint.

I agree that the worst will be over in a week or two, so wait it out.

I can tell you that it would be a lot less nasty without the contributions of a certain person. We could go around deleting all sensitive topics, or we could just ban one person…

It seems like that’s more the nature of Analyst Forum WC, than specific topics.

I’m sure my posts have changed and influenced the minds of many on here, so no.

I actually enjoy the political commentary on this site. At least you have somewhat informed posters here rather than the nuts on facebook that fill up my newsfeed.

I was about to say it might make sense to track specific contributors to the nastiness. Most of us just get tired after a certain point, though it’s true that we occasionally need to count to 10 or 100 before firing back if we feel our views have been attacked unfairly.

Maybe we lock threads after they get down to just a few people hurling nasty talk and nuke attempts to restart them. I’m trying to think where the line should be drawn there. It’s not a strategy I like but it might be necessary.

But that would track back to the mods, which nobody wants to address.

Even if the ban is imposed, the mod team probably will neglect their duties anyways.

I enjoy the political threads and find well thought out postings by several people with different political leanings than my own to be thought provoking and beneficial to my overall understanding of many issues.

'merica amiright6?

Agreed. Time to ban Higgs.

If political threads and threads asking people or things to retire were banned, the WC would basically cease to exist.

Please don’t. I am looking forward to the rage Trump supporters will unleash once Hillary is crowned the new President of USA

One week. Then we can all go back to the regular program. Agreeing that we all hate our current president and this country is screwed.

Doesn’t nuking threads that discuss the repressive liberal society, prove the repressive liberal society?

No, no no, he definitely meant Palantir.

are you subliminally telling us to vote Clinton? devil

You can try re-posting it with a title that is not offensive.