Anyone watching South Korea protests?

From CNN:

Massive protests roiled Seoul for the second consecutive weekend as hundreds of thousands of angry South Koreans took to the streets Saturday calling for President Park Geun-hye’s resignation.

opposition to Park mounts following her unprecedented admission that she shared classified information with someone who lacked the necessary security clearance.

Media and opposition parties have accused Choi of using her relationship with Park to accumulate millions of dollars in donations to her foundations.

So it appears that

In South Korea, sending classified information + receiving millions in donations to personal foundation = protest of hundreds of thousands of angry citizens, arrests, and calls for resignation

In the US, sending classified information + receiving millions in donations to personal foundation = no arrests + eligible to run for president

There’s more to the story. It isn’t that the president just sent classified information to someone who lacked clearance; that someone is the daughter of a major cult leader, and supposedly a shaman in said cult. Not only was the information sent, but also the president actively sought this person’s advice on the information.

Thus, South Korea has more or less been governed by a high ranking cultist. That is my understanding of why Koreans are roiled to this extent.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/31/woman-at-center-south-korea-presidential-scandal-says-deserves-death.amp.html?client=ms-android-verizon

Sorry for formatting and just the link. Am on mobile.

hahah what was the classified info

The only confirmed reports I’ve read are that the lady edited speeches for the president. Accusations of further involvement are rife but unverified as of yet.

In the article I linked to, she is quoted as saying she has committed a sin worthy of death. I’m not privy to the nuances of South Korean culture, but that seems a little extreme for unauthorized speech editing.

Finally you guys get around to this topic. As mentioned above, the issue for the citizens is “that b!tch turned Korean into shamanists”. The issue is shame, trust was placed in President Park, and she violated that trust, and made the country look like tribal primitives.

Tying this in with the American situation is difficult, because it’s a different world over there. It’s not “just like Clinton’s email”. Koreans crack up laughing that Americans are always arguing about petty stuff (see judgment below). Three lessons for Americans:

1. Honor/Shame : Koreans still have it, which is how human behavior is self-policed. Once gone, a society falls into chaos, and you have to resort to law. Trump says anything, because he has no shame, Americans accept it, because they have no shame. In Korea you do not say/do shameful things, because that is shameful…basic decency. Park dishonored her country. The shaman chick offered her own death. Park however did not offer to die, this only reinforces she has no shame, and should be removed.

2. Fear the people : Koreans will end you. If you talk disrespectfully to an old guy, you will receive a verbal lashing that will make you wish you never lived. If you suck at your business, you will be out of business by Friday. If you run a government of shamanism, the mob will have your head. That’s called law and order, not by crusty law book, but by humans. Also, Koreans are not violent like Americans, they are not looking to hurt people and destroy property, but they DO demand action, and they demand it NOW. The wife always asks me “why don’t Americans do anything, why are they so weak?”.

3. Sane judgment : Americans have lost the ability to judge basic things, like the difference between Clinton and Trump. What is there to be said here? If a person lacks judgment, you can not explain it to them. Koreans are NOT going to march over trivial emails, or because someone used blue instead of black ink, because there is no bad intent and it’s no big deal. Trump? He wouldn’t last a week in SK.

There’s your SK insider update.

And this is why Americans have the problems they do. James Comey committed election fraud, he altered your history forever, perhaps in catastrophic ways. Why has he not begged for death? Because he has no shame. Why have you not put him in prison? Unbelievable.

The cult chick was right to ask for death. When you fail in your duties and disgrace your country, you do the right thing.

lol korea is a joke

shouldnt they be working on fixing the note 7 anyways

Dude their little embarrassment is nothing, the USA is the global joke now, big league. wink

I may be alone in this but I am going to straight out say that suicide is not the answer.

US people expressed their opinion through constitutionally defined voting rights, not civil unrest.

wow, this is like news from a month ago. How hot is Choi’s daughter BTW

South Korea is known for those type of protests. It’s kinda funny actually as their officials are corrupt to the core just like China’s.

Image result for idontbelieveit gif

Thank goodness ours aren’t.

LOL. Cmon, you guys have no say; the vote is rigged, you are owned by corporations, and you’re too weak to protest or fight.

So don’t leave us hanging, how hot is she?

i agree, initial comment is worthless without pics