Historic Event: MMA NYC

Didn’t see a thread on the recent UFC fights in NYC. One of my favorites, Weidman, suffered a major knockout loss and connor won so i wasn’t really happy with the outcomes. The bright side was the polish girls representing and khabib nurmagomedov. Khabib deserves a title shot against mcgreggor and when that comes, we can all say good bye to the golden irish boy.

So, I was actually at this event… I had never seen so many Irish people. They really like this McGregor guy. Some Italian guy was behind me screaming “Kill him, motherf***r!!” the whole time, and almost got into a fight with the guy next to me.

Weidman loss was from a lucky shot, and that Romero guy was kind of a douche…

Anyway, after the final match was decided, the crowd got really crazy. The American guy next to me turned to his friend and said “we need to get the F out of here.”

Polish chicks match was one of the most intense things I have ever seen.

Polish chicks was definitely my fav fight of the night. Not a mcgregor fan so was also disappointed, especially now that he has 2 belts. I kind of was a fan but I lost a lot of respect for the way he treated Aldo pre fight. They let him go too far.

Almost thought about going… overall great cards. Weidman was on the way to a decision loss anyway after losing R2 and Romero does that to anybody (see Machida fight). Khabib might be the only guy that can convincingly beat Mcgregor if he doesn’t get knocked out, I think UFC will protect Mcgregor from Khabib for as long as possible.

Romero is a specimen. Olympic wrestler and second to none when it comes to explosiveness. Weidman was coming off a brutal loss against rockhold so i was disappointed he took such a strong opponent.

I have respect for McGreggor as a fighter and understand the trash he talks is only to promote fights and enlarge the purse - i dont think he truly believes what he says about his opponents based on how humble he is post fight.

If McGreggor stays at 155, i think it’ll be really quick until someone takes the belt from him. Nurmagomedov would decimate him if he could just get a hold of him. McGreggor also talked about fighting Woodley. He’s gotta be on crack if he thinks he stands a chance against that man.

I don’t think Woodley will be able to hold the belt for long, he was on the way to a decision loss until the 10-8 round after catching Wonderboy.

yo ohai how much were the tix?

It’s best that I don’t say.

yeah I’m curious now too

I was there too, wasn’t cheap but it was worth it. I felt like an honourary Irishman for the night.

If I’m honest I was expecting McGregor to get flattened by Alvarez, especially after the way he dismantled Dos Anjos. The consensus seems to be that Khabib will fook him up, it depends if Khabib can avoid the knockout in round 1, if he’s able to eat up the punches like Diaz then he’ll end up subbing Conor pretty quick.

Don’t get the love for the rough as fook Polski girls although I missed the middle rounds.

Romero is a beast, there’s no way that’s natty. The knee was brutal, Weidman was gushing all over the place and the ref let him take a good few more blows to the head. Bisping must be shitting himself.

Man, I had my intro to eating leg kicks yesterday from a MMA fighter that just turned pro at my gym. Class was 2.5 hours, but that drill was an hour on my left leg. We were wearing shin pads too. It was so bad at the end, I couldn’t remember the Dutch-Thai strike order for the drill we were working on (some combos were like 12 moves though). All my mind could think of was to block that freaking low leg kick. I could care less about body/head strikes and it caused me to miss a lot of strikes he was throwing (I wasn’t catching them, which makes his training crappier). To give you an idea, they actually don’t look that bad, but you literally can’t walk. The UFC fighters suck it up real well. Here is a good example: Jose Aldo vs Uriah Faber [video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzI7A4ZBtM]

I’ve said this before some where on this thread, lower leg kicks will legit chop you down. i hated strictly MT or kickboxing training for this exact reason. You gotta be careful tho because a lot of ppl will setup a question-mark kick after landing some heavy leg kicks.

On a related note, rockhold’s signature kick is this questionmark kick and he’s fighting romero in a few weeks. Any bets on who wins?

I literally couldn’t walk yesterday. I went to the gym for some bag work then to the store to get groceries and only needed a basket, but had to get a cart to support me. Basically, when you’re chill walking, suddenly your leg goes out and you have to like flex to catch it (to not fall on the ground). At first I was embarrassed because at times I looked like Walter on Breaking Bad with that leg (no offense to him, I know he really has Muscular Distrophy or something like that), but it was brutal sometimes. Brisk walking is fine. It seems to be enough blood flow to get to the leg. NYC is perfect for this, but I live in the south so you look like a psycho if you’re powerwalking around. Its weird. Running, kicking, etc, fine. Another thing though is I got some knots in my thigh. It happened every now and then. I think it was mini blood clots, but read that I had to roll them out with a stick or cylindrical object. This is cool and all, but probably one of the most painful things I have ever felt in my life. I don’t know why the nerve sensors crank up so much there. Needless to say, low leg kicks are something I practice almost every day now. I’m feeling good right now. I was cross training this week to get ready for a snowboard race, and the indo board seemed to help a lot. I have to break out and run every now and then or stretch in random places. I know it might look off, but I can’t help it. My leg literally starts to lock up and it feels so bad if I don’t get out the kinks and stretch out. I can finally squat down. All in all, it was a good beating for my left leg. It healed pretty well and is more durable now. I’d like to do some no-shin-pads sessions with light but progressive lower leg kicks for any of the other people wanting to get better at eating kicks. Also, I seem to be one of the only ones working on bone density training. My legs, kneecaps, ankles, toes, toe knuckles, and the top of my foot have all been affected by microfractures from my bamboo stick nightly. My leg is not going to be Anderson Silva-ed. Not only that, but I have this crazy fast sort of foot kick that my trainers hate because it is lower force, higher speed, and high chance of injury. But, I’m sticking to it. I"ve trained that kick for years and have already been through the pain of injuring it piece by piece in my foot so that it doesn’t break upon contact. There is something about MMA gyms and injuries though. People don’t talk about them. I’m not really sure why. I usually am the first to say i’m busted up, then like five people start talking about how much they are nursing various body parts. It usually breaks the tension. I wish that people would advise more especially toward the intermediate and advanced classes as part of the training is good healing and it seems like more of the emphasis is on training and less on recovery, which is vital. I was at a crossroads yesterday. Usually, I intermittent fast which puts me in a catabolic state (breaking down), which heals one injury. But, I had the lower leg kick healing process I needed to oversee that I think heals mainly in an anabolic state (building up). Also, my spine is still f’ed up which mainly heals in an anabolic state. So I ditched the fasting, then went on a high cardio routine, peppered throughout the day to maximize blood flow to my leg and spine with a diet high in fruits and vegetables, followed by eggs for post-workout rebuilding. At one point, my thigh started locking up bad and I theorized I needed to thin the blood to avoid clotting/kinks. So I took some Tylenol and stayed in a light anabolic state. I wasn’t sure about hot and cold, so just did both. But, really my attention to detail is so high in my nutrition and healing that I don’t understand some of the fighters there that don’t pay attention to every part of the process. If they did, it would make my path a lot easier at the gym to get some sort of guide to injuries and our ‘secret sauce’ to treating them as we are a large brand all across the US. But, talking about injuries is wayyy p*ssy right. … yeah …

Like, I was in Publix, and my leg would give out. I had a hat on and my standard oversized heaphones, I’d almost be brought down to a kneel and if someone caught a wtf glance and we locked eyes, I’d do the Orbit gum commercial smile. Classic.

Image result for orbit gum commercial