Our Great^40 Grand-kids are Screwed

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stephen-hawking-puts-expiry-date-103124525.html

Cliff Notes Version: Steven Hawking says we have no more than 1,000 years left if we don’t find another planet to live on.

We’ll worry about that in 900 years!

in 1000 years we would’ve found the solution to the problems already…

We were finally able to achieve flight in 1903. By 1969 we reached the moon. I would imagine in 1000 years we would be able to figure something out.

This sequence of events and the associated time span is pretty amazing when stepping back and considering. What other technology or industrial innovations are there that could compare to this?

Image result for phone evolution timeline

^reverse engineering. Cue in the tin foil hats.

Who’s really screwed is Stephen Hawking…

Evolution is always going on.

Computing most likely. The first computers used massive tubes that took up rooms in the 50’s-60’s and now you can be connected to anyone and do anything online with a device that fits in your hand that has more processing power than those people could ever imagine. Its insane to think about things like that changing so drastically

We will probably live in the Matrix at some point in the next 1000 years. At that point, resource constraints or lifestyle will be irrelevant, since we can simulate everything. We might already live in the Matrix, to be honest.

^^ Gordon Moore did kind of imagine it.

How about anesthesia?

Yea i realized that as i typed it. Was too lazy to change it and just rolled with it. I still think they would be surprised at the specific innovations although they could imagine the chips getting faster & smaller

It’s interesting, since the moon landing people focused their intelligence on the small and the soft, not the big and the hard, and built a civilization that is puny and crumbling (compared to what it could be) where physical infrastructure is concerned, but astonishingly sophisticated when it comes to networked communications and software. My phone has millions times more computing power that 1960s NASA, but transport and physical infrastructure is basically medieval by comparison.

Except for the new electric skateboards. Those are awesome (15 miles range and 22 mph).