New Laptop

I currently use a macbook pro, but windows as the OS on Bootcamp (kind of the best of both worlds). I got it in 2011 Dec, so it’s a bit outdated and I want to get a new one. I’ve always liked windows over OSX. All things considered, I’m seriously looking into buy a Dell XPS 13 for $1,000 (non-touch screen). The downside is probably the 128GB SSD, which is not necessarily a problem as I save most of my movies/pics in another drive. Is there any other model I should look into before swiping the card?

Yeah I like Dell laptops. Have been buying them since 2001.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 or Surface book.

Don’t buy Dell, It is assembled with cheap quality stuff which is sourced from all over the third world countries.

MACBOOK PRO or HACKSAW

256GB SSD

6th gen I7 processor

8GB RAM

$1,599 For $999, the XPS has the same config except 128GB SSD (but comes with 7th gen I5). Plus looks wise I like the XPS model better. I’d probably pick MBP before the MSP even if I’m ready to pay the extra cash.

just get a thinkpad with SSD

PC is so stone age, I’m posting from my new macbook pro, gots me windows using parallels.

Don’t be jealous, so pimped out. cool

So Jealous right now.

Buy windows PC, remove Windoze and install Debian 8.

I got the Dell XPS 13 i-7 16Gb RAM 1TB SSD for around £1600 in the Uk and I’m pretty darn happy with it…can definitely recommend the Dell if you’re thinking of going that way.

I have the latest Lenovo X1 Carbon and love it. Huge screen, great keyboard, lightweight and fast.

I always had Dell and found them to be pretty good, I’m not really a computer guy so ran 2 separate lap tops for >5 year periods each and found them to be pretty durable. Particularly the 1 from university considering the sheer number of viruses it must have had after the horrific volume of pron i downloaded onto it.

Ended up getting an HP for my latest one a few years ago as I couldn’t get a Dell and have found it to be really good too.

Always tempted by a Macbook but when I look at the specs vs other manufacturers i can never justify the cost differential. Especially considering how Apple like to pay silly buggers with locking you into apple once you’re hooked and also how much all the accessories are.