Flip phones are making a come back

Not so long ago I was mugged and had to get a new phone, I then chose one of those prepaid disposable flip phones. Lemme tell yall that thing is a chick magnet, that sound it makes when you flip it closed is hypnotizing.

Any of you remember how fast vinyl record superiority became a thing among pretentious hipsters? Same thing will happen with flip phone. Best $20 I ever spent, have been using it for months now.

#NeverIphoneAgain

Lol I highly doubt it but it’s hilarious because I’ve been using one for a little over a year now so I think our numbers just doubled. I agree the phone is sweet (multi day battery life, small, regains some quality of life, $20 a month line access) but on the other side navigation and all that is a pain.

A friend of the Mrs.likes her flip phone so much and is afraid it will be discontinued that she bought 10 of them to cover herself for life. I don’t know which flip phone it is.

Yeah I just get old refurbs off of ebay.

Yep, some company out there should take the time to do minor updates to the hardware and software. The phone itself has a lot of resources that looked cool back in the day but are a waste because it is too difficult to use in the tiny screen and with that keypad. Mine supposedly has internet access (never tried it)

How do you work on the buyside without email on your phone? Seems this would be required by many places (although I’m not suggesting it should be, just seems to be the norm)

I’m not sure, I’ve only really been at one or two shops but wasn’t required at either of those. Can’t speak for other shops though. I do seem to get this question a lot so my experience may be atypical.

StarTec or nothinf

oh my its back

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/2/14/14609438/nokia-3310-rumored-mwc-3-5-6-hmd-global

I had a Motorola StarTac phone around 10 years ago that was stolen in the locker room at the gym (I took my eye off of it for literally 10 seconds while getting dressed). Those were the days…