Iran takes the gold 2017

Iran wins a close match against USA in 2017’s freestyles. I have no idea why this isnt showed on tv anywhere.

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/iran-beats-usa-to-capture-sixth-straight-freestyle-world-cup-title

Muscle dudes in tights grappling each other into submission? You’re right, how can US people not be into this?

^^^^

Not sure sure that I agree with that statement.

The USA have a very strong collegiate wrestling tradition (folkstyle wrestling).

Also, the USA have a very good medals record in international competitions, including the olympics.

In fact, I would say that the USA are the country with the most prevalent wrestling tradition outside of the former Eastern Bloc, Iran and Turkey.

Those events should be televised IMO. Much more manly than basketball.

US collegiate tradition is dying due to lack of interest and programs being cut under Title IX.

Which is a damn shame, if you ask me. It’s an awesome and old tradition.

The US is exceptionally successful in many sports, probably including wrestling. Because of this, US people don’t pay attention to every sport. If the US was strong in only one or two sports, like most smaller countries, then I am sure those sports would receive national interest.

You’re an exceptional analyst.