100 dollar millionaires

the real question is what do the ladies like now… you… the normal looking sensible choice? or the bad choice.

Around here, people don’t like to buy expensive cars. I know people making $1 million+ but drive Toyota or Subaru. There is a high level of “douchebag sensitivity” with respect to luxury cars in Silicon Valley. For instance, when Google did their IPO, all their employees got an email that said “you guys better STFU if you made money. If I see any new BMWs tomorrow, I will fuck you up” (paraphrased).

Of course, there are some exceptions. BMW = douche bag. But Tesla Model S != douche bag. It is impossible to go to Palo Alto without seeing a Tesla.

Also, there is probably a difference when it comes to what girls like. Girls like douche bags apparently. So, if you want to attack this front, you should still buy a luxury car.

I had a roomate that would go the Nordstroms and buy some fresh gear to wear at the bars on thurs-sat night, then return them all on monday. I told them he wasnt fooling anyone when he does this every week and returns the clothes smelling like jack’n cokes and cigarettes. Eventually Nordtroms banned him or sent him some kind of threatening letter so he started asking my other roomate to take him to the mall and use his credit card, lol

Our IT guy at work just leased a 35k car. I’m guessing I make 3x his salary. I just bought a car and paid about 1/3 less.

So yes these people exist.

I call them 30-thousand-ionaire

Or your $1 Latvian millionaires. Latvian jokes are en vogue:

• Man is hungry. He steal bread to feed family. Get home, find all family have sent Siberia! “More bread for me,” man think. But bread have worm.
  • Pirate is walk into bar with steering wheel attached to trousers. Barman ask why is? But man not really pirate, he is just hallucinate from malnourish.

Wow these pure gold

Add Systematic to this list. Facts:

1. Has a “work” watch and a “weekend” watch yet lives in a 500 sf apartment

2. Recently was gloating about a 10k raise he just got (LOL). I am willing to bet he as already spent it.

Why all the hate for systematic?

Ain’t shit change!

I for one, would love a $10k raise.

I lived in a ~600 square foot apartment until recently. My taxes where more than 10x the amount I spent on rent…

So, a Pirate walks into a bar, with a steering wheel sticking out of his crotch.

The bartender asks him, “Hey Pirate! Do you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of your crotch?”

And the pirate responds, “Aye, Matey! And it’s driving me nuts!!!”

But back to the original point–where I worked at a CPA firm before, it seems like the first thing people do when they got hired (for $50K per year) is go out and buy a luxury car for $50K.

I like Mercedes and Lexus just fine, but for the life of me, I cannot justify paying a year’s worth of salary for a brand name. And I think that luxury cars are not nearly as “luxurious” as they used to be. The difference between a Ford and a Benz is a lot less than it was 30 years ago.

^One of my favorites, but that quote cracked me up even more (edit: I just realized it’s because I misread Barman as Batman).

I saw a jeep wrangler decked out with huge rims just recently, but when I visit family in Indianapolis I see all kinds of cars like CFAvMBA has described. I don’t see any reason to have a car in the NYC area though.

Haha. I don’t even wear a watch you homo.

I dont even care about that raise (wasnt gloating, it ws related to a thread where someone was asking about raises), B-Hustle. What’s your obsession w/ my apt. Its actually nice even though its 530 sqft. Its not a dumpster- cost nearly $1,700 month.

Strong hate coming from you Blake… you need to see a therapist re your insecurities. If you keep living your life w/ me as your benchmark, you’ll never be happy. Just enjoy being Blake, its good enough for somebody.

So I guess he’s moving from me to you, Systematic. Just like BGAChad said, being called an idiot by Blake is a rite of passage on this board. It proves that you’re becoming relevant.

Don’t worry–if you ask him any “real” questions, like Numi did, he’ll back down. In fact, I’ve only ever seen one post by Blake that made me think he had any kind of finance training whatsoever, and that was something that any Level 3 candidate should have been able to regurgitate.

Yeah it’s really easy to think “yeah I want that BMW” or whatever, but once I started working and seeing how much money I lost off the top to taxes and how much I spent on housing and other necessary expenses… the % of after tax disposable income I’d have to dedicate to a vehicle really changes what I plan on buying. I grew up with my dad driving cars like the Benz S Class and BMW 7 when he was in his 40s, so there’s lots of time to aspire to vehicles like that if I want and have the money.

+1

But what about that F-150 Platinum you’ve mentioned before a couple times, Greenie? You know you want it.

I’d love to have an F-150 Platinum. Then I could sell it back to the dealer and buy a brand new Titanium Escape, and still have $20,000 or so left over to put in the bank.