2011 Masters

Come on Kuch! Rory is playing pretty damn well. I love watching these super aggressive young golfers that fire at any pin position.

Come on Rory my flower!!!

I think Rory will pull a Peyton Manning and choke by Saturday’s back nine at most. I like Choi to make a strong run. Come on Lefty!

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > C’mon, Ricky (Barnes)!! Give’em the heater!!! -4 yesterday and another bird today has him 2 behind.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > C’mon, Ricky (Barnes)!! Give’em the heater!!! > > > -4 yesterday and another bird today has him 2 > behind. Something about Barnes just bothers me. I’m not sure what it is, very strange on my part.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Something about Barnes just bothers me. I’m not > sure what it is, very strange on my part. I know what you mean.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- his dad played for the Patriots. its his only major downfall.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > higgmond Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > his dad played for the Patriots. its his only > major downfall. Now I really hate him.

Tiger and Federer are finished, way too soon

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tiger and Federer are finished, way too soon Too early to say that Tiger is done. Nicklaus won 6 majors at age 35 or older, including 2 at age 40 and 1 at age 46.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Too early to say that Tiger is done. Nicklaus won > 6 majors at age 35 or older, including 2 at age 40 > and 1 at age 46. Agreed. I also expect from Tiger a full-strength second push to pass JN’s 18 majors. That’s a record no question he’d like to get. Realizing he will soon be in the last stage of his career would be enough motivation to put his mental game together again.

What age is tiger now about 35 or so, I doubt at this stage in his career he will be able to break Jacks record, unless he performs top notch and wins alot of the next few majors. But he still has a chance, and you never know he might still win this, but he is pushing on…

pedpenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What age is tiger now about 35 or so, I doubt at > this stage in his career he will be able to break > Jacks record, unless he performs top notch and > wins alot of the next few majors. But he still has > a chance, and you never know he might still win > this, but he is pushing on… He’s 35 and in the middle of a major overhaul of his swing. He did a major overhaul of his swing in 2003/2004 and has won 6 majors since then. It’s certainly possible that we have seen the end of Tiger as a major champion, but I don’t think I’d put money on it. As I said before, I won’t consider 18 to be safe until Tiger turns 40 and has 16 or less. If McIlroy wins this week, I believe he’ll be a few months younger than Tiger when he won his first major, so we could be talking about another run at the record in 10 years.

Check out Freddie “Boom Boom” Couples. -4 so far on today’s round and -5 overall. It’s a shame that his back will give out over the weekend.

I don’t understand Tiger’s need to revamp his swing every five or so years. I’m not a world class golfer, but I’ve been playing golf since I could walk and I have never thought once about changing my swing. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Golf at the pro level is almost entirely mental which is what I think has plagued Tiger’s game for the last 18 months. His wife tried to kick his ass (my theory and well deserved), he banged Ihop waitresses and other skanity skanks, got divorced, and doesn’t have his children. His world turned upside down = fucked up in the head. It’s annoying watching Tiger now. He acts like such a b!tch when he doesn’t execute a shot perfectly. He’s so emotionless too. Rarely do we see the famous fist pump or that half-mile smile from him anymore. I miss the old Tiger.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t understand Tiger’s need to revamp his > swing every five or so years. I’m not a world > class golfer, but I’ve been playing golf since I > could walk and I have never thought once about > changing my swing. If it ain’t broke don’t fix > it. Golf at the pro level is almost entirely > mental which is what I think has plagued Tiger’s > game for the last 18 months. His wife tried to > kick his ass (my theory and well deserved), he > banged Ihop waitresses and other skanity skanks, > got divorced, and doesn’t have his children. His > world turned upside down = fucked up in the head. > > It’s annoying watching Tiger now. He acts like > such a b!tch when he doesn’t execute a shot > perfectly. He’s so emotionless too. Rarely do we > see the famous fist pump or that half-mile smile > from him anymore. I miss the old Tiger. I think part of the reason why he’s going through the swing change is because with his old swing, he had to swing the club so hard it put a tremendous amount of pressure on his body. Think of the wear and tear. Once he got a little older his body couldn’t handle it. Now he’s retooling his swing. I think it makes sense.

SMW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think part of the reason why he’s going through the swing change is because with his old swing, he had to swing the club so hard it put a tremendous amount of pressure on his body. Think of the wear and tear. Once he got a little older his body couldn’t handle it. Now he’s retooling his swing. I think it makes sense. Good point. I also think there’s a mental aspect to it - meaning it gives him something to continually focus and improve on (i.e. keep knee at point x through the swing), while if he had this ‘dialed’ his mind might wander and start to think about hitting the local IHOP.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SMW Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think part of the reason why he’s going > through the swing change is because with his old > swing, he had to swing the club so hard it put a > tremendous amount of pressure on his body. Think > of the wear and tear. Once he got a little older > his body couldn’t handle it. Now he’s retooling > his swing. I think it makes sense. > > Good point. I also think there’s a mental aspect > to it - meaning it gives him something to > continually focus and improve on (i.e. keep knee > at point x through the swing), while if he had > this ‘dialed’ his mind might wander and start to > think about hitting the local IHOP. Yes, he had 3 operations on his knee I believe, and you would imagine that his swing would have a great deal to do with this, couple this with the whole affair debacle, and he has been under alot of pressure. It would be great to see tiger surpass JN’s record, and return to his more relaxed ways

Tiger woods ya’ll its all good ya’ll

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tiger and Federer are finished, way too soon You really think Tiger won’t win another tournament? That’s what finished would mean.