8 things I learnt about life while going through the CFA program

this person sounds like bernie madoff… only without CFA never trust things to turn out as you predicted

maybe discipline make the mark as well?

Anyone bothered to compute the number of charterholders to total number of candidates who entered the program?

If we do have just over 100,000 charter holders and over 1,000,000 candidates entering for at least level 1, it is safe to say that only about 10% of all candidates eventually become charterholders.

Can we draw conclusions from this?

It’s probably a little higher than that. About 165,000 people have passed Level III (some are waiting on work experience, charter approval, etc.) and plus there are a ton of people that are currently working through the program and haven’t reached Level III yet. Without any data to support this, my guess would be closer to 25% of people that start ever finish and get their charter.

Looks like I’m not alone in having this mentality! When I was studying, everything else (including eating/sleeping) became secondary. Probably not the healthiest approach, but hey who can argue with the results!