9/11 - Fact or Fiction

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LBriscoe Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think he’s saying that this has been reviewed > > and was determined to be business as usual by a > > domestic investment firm. > > > That’s clearly what monger187 is saying, or at > least his reference to the 9/11 Commission is > saying. I meant what is OP trying to say. That’s what I’m saying, at least in terms of UAL. Sounds like an institutional investor setting up a protective put. But I do agree with higgmond, that just because someone profited off of 9/11, even if it proved foreknowledge, it does not mean there was a consipracy, it could merely indicate that the perpetrators found a way to cash in on it.

I heard someone moved out of their apartment in the area a couple days before… conspiracy?

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard someone moved out of their apartment in > the area a couple days before… conspiracy? Depends. What is this person’s religion?

All right. So can we charge the terrorists with insider trading? Maybe Raj can get a new cellmate?

^lol

the whole thing was a conspiracy (source: youtube) check out some of the videos people have posted about ‘bombs placed in the twin towers’, ‘missiles attached to the airplanes’ and some as asinine as ‘planes never hit the twin towers’ a billion fking people watched the second plane hit the towers LIVE on tv and some idiots still think its a fking illusion Seriously, we need to cut all spending (everything - defense/infrastructure/healthcare etc) and put it all towards education and make everyone reattend elementary school

ONE WORD: ZEITGEIST. watch it!

SEC: Attack Delays Investigations

By Margaret Cronin Fisk National Law Journal September 17, 2001

Additional details emerged Friday about the effect of the collapse of 7 World Trade Center on investigations being conducted by the New York offices of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, both of which were housed in the building.

The SEC has not quantified the number of active cases in which substantial files were destroyed. Reuters news service and the Los Angeles Times published reports estimating them at 3,000 to 4,000. They include the agency’s major inquiry into the manner in which investment banks divvied up hot shares of initial public offerings during the high-tech boom.

Why didn’t they also sell calls then?

So they killed 3000 people to destroy 3000 files? Pretty inefficient person-to-file ratio. Also gives a new meaning to the term “killfile” (look it up, kids!)

I’d have hired that Russian guy who developed and then stole Goldman Sachs’s algorithms. He could have hacked all of SEC/EEOC files with ease.

Physical files, local guidos would have done it (for free if you told them their boss was implicated).

Nice to see spierce in this thread. What happened to that MOFO?

I think I love AF!

Every other place on the internet where 9/11 is discussed is usually overrun consiparcy nutjobs. You almost get the feeling that the common consensus online is that it was an inside job by the lizard people from atlantis who are actually behind the illuminati who are actually behind the CIA who was actually behind the terrorists to cover up the chemtrails scandal etc.

This is the only website I know where the whole matter is discussed in a rational, sensible and sane manner and the necessary scepticism.

Thank you

ps: the only way to deal with a truther as shown by Christopher Hitchens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAaDKZ-SuE

^ Charlie Sheen runs those websites!

Bump

I doubt this comes from the movie, primarily because the movie conflated put options and short selling, as if they were identical.

…and what on earth is this thread doing in the CFA General Discussions forum?

Fixed.

I laughed, but immediately felt remorse for doing so.

Maybe this thread started before the water cooler was created.