9-5 Winter Depression?

I have been suffering from this badly. I grew up in the NE, my parents bought a house in Charleston after i graduated. As a good son i offered to house sit until i had to head back up north for work (10 Months). Every day i contemplate just saying F it and heading south, especially since my lease is up soon and my job is miserable.

JPM - sounds like my life exactly. My bro is a professor down south and is interviewing at Charleston. Life is def simplier down south but i always worry that this is just a situation of the grass always being greener.

I live in Florida - 80 degrees here today. I could never live up north - too cold and too much of a rat race. Hard to find good jobs down here though.

the jobs down there are hard to come by. the two options are really Atlanta and Charlotte

I could never move to CA because I have a completely irrational fear of earthquakes. Throw blizzards and hurricanes at me all you want, but shake my house in the middle of the night and I’m outta there.

I am naturally a very happy and emotionally centred person but winter kills me. I lose energy, libido and drive, I don’t feel miserable but I constantly fantasize about moving to some third world counrty with alot of sun and starting an import/export or commodity trading business.

I find that Vitamin D supplements and excercise really help with the zapped energy.