able to register for level III

Thanks R, feel a little better now :slight_smile:

It’s not impossible…

Ya it is not impossible but in that case only 2 candidates out of nearly 50,000 CFAL2 candidates will pass this exam.

Not that I’m a genius that was guaranteed to pass, but I also only have Level II registration option, as well.

Based on my understanding of the process used to determine passing scores (Angoff Method), they likely have not yet even determined the MPS. It’s a lengthy process…

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/important-information-about-your-cfa-exam-results-calculating-the-mps

I wouldn’t worry about what your registration page says two weeks before results are provided. Perhaps if it is the night before July 29th maybe something might be provided indirectly on the site, but most likely not.

Good catch, Tommy. There’s also this PDF from CFAI as well.

http://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Documents/exam_results_timeline_june.pdf

Week 6 (this week) is roughly when they set the MPS for this test and week 7 is when they review the results as a whole based on the designated MPS and QC. Whatever hope we can fill ourselves with and all that jazz : )

^ agreed, won’t stop me from checking my CFA registration page constantly for the next 2 weeks though.

Thanks Tommy83 and Phallacy. I had never seen that PDF before. It makes sense.

Guys, the only way to find out is, try to see if the website shows the below: “Study”, “Results”, and “Practice”

or

“Location, Membership, and Career Resources”

I believe the second one implies that you passed.

Palantir - your name comes from Lord of the Rings right? Think about that for a second.

^ I don’t get it…

LOL !

This gotta be a joke right??

^^ That’s based on last year’s experience with “early score release bugs” … This happens each n every year; relax people there’s nothing called early release! Less than 2 weeks left for you and less a month for level 3 candidates… good luck

getting scary now, 12 for L2 and 25 for L3 precisely

No it is not.

Which page are we referring to specifically within CFAI? Does this hold true for L1 candidates also? Sounds like an urban legend but I can’t resist - the suspense is killing me!!

Well, if the legend is true. It is letting me register for the L2, I think I failed the exam :frowning:

So there is some chance that this could be true?

Is it your personal experience? thx

^I doubt it’s true. Rahul roy sees the exact same thing we’re seeing and Rahul roy passed for sure.

In any case, we have just over a week to go.