AF Fantasy Football 2016

Alright folks - it seems like numi is MIA and king kong cannot reactivate our previous league.

I will set up a new league and post the details here sometime this weekend. I would encourage all interested individuals to join and if we do not get 10 teams in a couple of weeks, then we can open the league up for non AF folks.

BUY-IN this year: $75. We might be able to use the in house yahoo payment platform to collect the dues. I will look it up and if that is not feasible then we can find an alternate service.

I will carry over the same rules from last year and we can vote on making changes. I will also make it a snake draft for this year since auction drafts take too long to conduct. (Last year it took over 3hrs to complete the draft)

What happened to playing for pride?

Pride / bragging rights are more important with friends you see often. It’s not as meaningful in an online forum.

I got the memo from a bunch of people and renewed the link. Email me at numi.advisory@gmail.com if you want to join.

The participants from last year that have already expressed interest have been automatically renewed

$70 buy-in

Draft is 9pm ET on Tuesday 9/6

Canadian residents can still participate, I set up PayPal account last year to handle Canadian registrations if Yahoo blocks them

There were a few other participants that were not “automatically renewed” since I hadn’t heard from them in a while, but they’ve since been sent a link to re-join…thanks

Numi is alive! Just a heads up that the first link I clicked said that someone else had taken ownership of my team but I clicked one in another email and everything was good. I don’t know what fees PayPal charges, if any, but I’ll still facilitate any Canadian fees if anyone wants to go that route. Just hit me with a pm.

Wait, this is an auction draft? Errr.

I’ve never met a single person who thought a snake draft was better after doing an auction draft. Usually the only people who hate on auctions are those who’ve only done snake in the past.

With that said, I’m fine with either but would prefer auction.

For those who are hesitant to participate in an auction, I’d encourage you to do a mock auction draft on Yahoo to get a feel for it.

Nah, it’s fine. I’ve done them before, they just require more research. Just was re-reading the thread and realized I need to step my game up a bit as I have been deep into MLB and not really following much NFL up to this point.

I prefer auction over snake as well (but don’t mind either)

One change we need to implement this year is the nomination and bidding time limits. I believe last year it was around 1:30min per pick and it took forever. We should set both limits at 30secs. (if possible)

i think default is 30 seconds for both. i’d be fine with 20 seconds for nominating and 15 for bidding (it resets to 10 every time there’s a bid anyway, I believe).

Hi Numi,

Can you send me a link if there are spots available? I sent you my email address on the weekend.

ZeroBonus, I shortened the draft nomination time.

kurtosis2014, sent invite

I wont be playing this league. Not enough time for more than one. PM if you want my best FF research site. This guy identified David Johnson in preseason last year. When I was taking L2 I used the CFA formula for calculating his sharpe ratio on nfl betting. It was like 1.18.

^hook it up bro

We going to get at least 10 teams, you think? Also what’s the story with payment, that should definitely be collected before the season starts so no one welches.

Can you PM me the payment instruction (ie. email address for e-transfer)? What FX rate would you want to use? I would say 1.3 is fair? The bid-ask this morning was 1.2890-1.2970.

Thanks,

You may email me or king Kong with logistics questions privately, and we will either respond privately or in a message to the league. That is the best way to do it as we aren’t checking this forum all the time. Obviously, things like payment will be sorted out.

Hi all, we need a couple more participants. Please contact me if you’d like to join. If by Sunday the extra seats remain vacant, we will open them to non AF participants. This would be atypical as we have been able to fill the league for four years now with AF only members.

Our league needs one more manager. Please contact me at numi.advisory@gmail.com ASAP if you want in.

I have set up dues so please submit the $70 registration fee via the Yahoo system at your earliest convenience. Deadline is Friday, 9/2.

If you are in a country or state that prevents you from sending your registration fees, please contact me immediately.