Am I lost?

You should obviously look for a job now even if you eventually want to do an MBA or master’s degree.

Definitely. My resume is on Indeed and an employer messaged me today asking if I would be interested in a job as an office manager for an advertising firm…kind of random but it is money coming into my bank…

That is a long read dude. You should really write a TLDR and summarize your question up top.

Sounds like you got some decent experience and have a head on your shoulders. I would keep looking for jobs while apply for top programs. If you get in, go. If not, do it part time. Good luck.

Sorry, being concise has never been my strong suit. Thank you for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

yeah

how are these connected?

what a cunttry

Sorry I don’t follow.

Sounds like HR or someone just scheduled you for an interview and the low self esteem manager was annoyed that someone wasted his precious time. Just take it as a practice round for something you really care about.

There are ups and downs in life but never give up.

MBA is a good path - you can meet people inside financial industry.

ok

no idea about canada nor how i stumbled on your post.

but as others have said you seem determined and a hard worker to have had such experiences some only dream about, even with the “right” education requirements. so why apply online 100s of times and sit around waiting for a call? why not just call the hr departments of the companies you apply to and be persistent? your cv with the lack of uni degree in commerce/finance may be filtering you out before any hr person gets to view your profile. so you might need to do the work to personally convince them.

btw i think we are all trying to figure ourselves/paths out. good luck

I appreciate the kind words and agree with you.

On a much brighter note, I received a job offer today!!

I’ll be working as an Investment Banking analyst for a Fund of Funds. Looking forward to starting work on Monday :slight_smile:

This was actually a rare find as I was contacted directly by one of the partners in the firm via linkedin. We had been communicating for two months and I got the offer today.

congrats on the job. great news and i am happy for you.

i’ve only realised recently how powerful a tool linkedin can be for job hunting and your success has shown that. do you have any tips for a somewhat inexperienced linkedin user? i have a profile and lots of contacts from former employers. have been out of work for a few years due to popping out babies and moving to exotic countries.

hope the first day went well!

Congrats - IB will be great experience.