Any piano players?

I played seriously for about 13 years, my main instrument was drums however. Started classical piano and focused on jazz at about age 13 and was my main focus along with jazz percussion up through the end of college. Was a double major in economics and jazz percussion for a few years but ultimately left it to pick up math (I wanted to get paid well to work). In any case, dont get a spinet. Get a weighted keyboard to see if they like it…if they do, then get a a kawai or yamaha upright. They can buy their own grand when they’re rich.

On a side note, any piano players here into the rhodes electric piano? I had one for a few years and sold it about 2 years ago…would like to get another one. They’re vintage electric pianos built from the 60’s to the early 80’s.

I’ve played on a Bösendorfer piano. My college roommate was a music major and came from a family with a long musical tradition. If a Steinway is Mercedes, then the Bösendorfer is a Lamborghini.

Bosendorfer is like the Windows Phone of high end pianos. It’s acknowledged as good, but ultimately, most people just buy the more popular iPhone/Steinway…