Average Salary for Certification - CFA - Malaysia

Yup, worked with a guy who took a salary cut to move back home and work in our India office. He was probably making $150K base + $100K bonus in the US. But he enjoyed the quality of life back home; driver, maid, the people , etc. Americans have incredibly naive/distorted views of their own society, and other societies…plus insane ideas around money buying them happiness (which it clearly does not). There are many reasons to “brain drain” yourself out of the states, smartest thing I ever did.

I find that, on average, Americans, or Western people in general, are much easier to engage than Asians when it comes to intellectual topics or social issues. They are just exposed to more of these conversations in daily life and usually experience a more well rounded education. A lot of Asians come here, perhaps for college, and don’t fit in, because they are not as loud, or not as extrovertive as Americans. However, when they return to Asia, they feel like a boss - everyone is quiet, smaller and beta compared to the Western people. The average dick size is probably 1 inch smaller. Naturally, this makes many people more comfortable to return to Asia.

Personally, I like the US better. However, my personality is more like an American than like an Asian country person, so other people might be different. There are also the previously mentioned benefits to living in a developed country. I grew up with house staff, chaffeur, and all those cheap labor benefits. However, I prefer to live in a more uplifted society in general, compared to having all those people work for me.

I disagree that Americans are more materialistic than Asians. Asian people crave brand and status. Koreans force their kids to study 100% of the time to beat other kids. Chinese people judge each other more than Americans by what car they drive or what handbags they carry. Just because Western people have more money does not mean that money is their life focus; in fact, it’s the opposite. People who live in normal abundance just take this for granted and think less about getting richer. Anyone who has observed Asian people vs. Western people will know that the Asians work harder to increase their wealth. This is admirable in many ways, but also reflects the underlying desire for social status among Asians.

@ohai…great post.

This is pretty much the exact same conversation as the Great Pitching Debate of Whatever Year That Was.

Case in point would be the slightly sociopathic post beneath yours where in the poster extrapolates Eastern Asian stereotypes to ‘Asian countries’ ignoring the fact that cultures that involve the Persians, some Arabs, Sikhs etc are more ‘loud’ and ‘extroverted’ than Americans and indeed more ‘macho’ and ‘alpha’.

I agree. It is understandable to watch the current generation of Chinese racing towards materialism, they remember less than a generation ago how it was to be poor.

Watching Americans indulge in a similar financial and status rat race is painful.

Communism is a materialistic political philosophy.

I was responding to purealpha, specifically, given what I know of his geographical situation. While I have made some generalizations, which is inaccurate?

1. People in Asia have worse communication skills than Western people and have generally less rounded educations. Your post reinforces this point. I am not necessarily saying Asian education is worse overall - we are much better at math than Americans, for instance. Asian education just has poor focus on writing or creative thinking.

2. While it is nice to have servants, there are benefits to living in more developed countries.

3. Asians are materialistic - I have specifically mentioned this with East Asians in mind. Even so, I doubt that you would argue that people in other countries are not materialistic.

4. Asians, Indians have small dicks.

Given that the posts of yours in this thread are well measured the last one seemed bizarrely on the verge of trolling.

http://www.everyoneweb.com/WORLDPENISSIZE

In terms of total volume i.e length into girth the Indians are ranked above the Finnish, Portugese, most Arabs, Persians and the Turks.

In terms of length they rank above the Greeks, Italians, Romanians, Persians, Arabs etc and look exactly in line for the world average.

A few Asian countries display the bias mentioned but I am certain if controlled for adequate nutrition the picture would look very different.

1. Indians are insecure about dick size.

Deflect with provocative and substandard humor that borders on trolling with no base what so ever.

Phenomenal communication skills right there, I see your Americanization is complete.

zidhai just happened to have some research on global variations of penis size handy, and summarized its findings to provide a nonchalant, yet strong and irrefutable rebuttal to that particular point in your otherwise lengthy post… there’s no reason to believe that he obsessed about the topic.

Maybe he just wanted to know if everyone else has trouble finding their penis?

LOL. My post was more about things which cannot be quantified; despite how things look on paper and how great the Western developed countries “should be” to live in, they don’t seem to be very happy places.

Says the cowboy who probably can’t find much beneath his stomach fat?

Don’t be such a defensive Dan, Kumar.