BA II Plus Calculator

areyouserious Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how old is your Calc? I know someone who earned > the charter 3 years back and has till date never > replaced the batteries. So that’s like 6 years of > battery life. You may consider taking extra > batteries if you have hired someone pressing the > calculator keys 24*7. So much of drama ROFL!

SFoyil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The factory settings have P/Y set to 12 which > converts the annual interest rate (I/Y) into > monthly rates ? Was not the case with my calculator (bought this summer); the factory settings were fine.

An engineer once told me that the probabilities of failure of a light bulb are very high in the first hours of its life, then they drop dramatically close to zero for most of its life, and then they start rising again up to the end of its life…I will go with only 1 calculator tomorrow, having used it for only 9 months, I hope it won’t disappoint me…

beatthecfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had this guy bring in three calculators at my > Level I. I asked him if he would do each question > on all three before marking down an answer. He > didn’t like that too much, but the folks around me > sure appreciated the humor. LMAO!

ravinsu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > beatthecfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I had this guy bring in three calculators at my > > Level I. I asked him if he would do each > question > > on all three before marking down an answer. He > > didn’t like that too much, but the folks around > me > > sure appreciated the humor. > > LMAO! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Responses in this thread are funny … and they say CFA candidates don’t know how to joke :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve actually had a problem with my CFA calculator that I never figured out and just bought a new one. For some reason when I did TVM calcs, the answer was always less than half the actual right answer. I reset it and everything.