big bracket banking hours -How does this even play out?

Interesting questions but I’m not able to respond in the public forum either given the personal sensitivity or time required to answer them.

great points by Numi from his experiences. one takeaway is that even among buyside it varies widely on how sell-side is used. there are funds that pay a ton of money to sell side and call up all the time asking what’s heard on the street, and some funds who barely use sell side.

I would agree on potential conflicts. some shops seem to only give a damn about getting banking business and you’ll see some inflated PT and ratings… like certain sinking bulge bracket banks, whos’ businesses/research are sinking… seem to apply this strategy… (not hard to figure out who…). and i’m certain people have at least started to catch on…

Can confirm, was expecting Jersey Shore atmosphere in Cancun, turned out to be much different, still fun. Loved the 30+ year old guys trying to hit on my friends. People exaggerate hours. There’s not much else to brag about when your schedule is too random to do much extracurriculars besides drinking. OP, its bulge bracket. Not big bracket. Not big bulge, like I once said in an interview. (though I managed to slide by)

Never been to Cancun but I did hear that’s what it’s like. In general I like to stay away from any place that people talk up to be ‘legendary.’ Those types of places get way too crowded by riff-raff who spoil the good stuff for everyone else.

Where did you stay? I might be going in late May.

We stayed at the Krystal, which was a few minute walk from the clubs. Pretty good hotel, with a nice beachfront. If you’re there to party, make sure you get a hotel in that area, as all of the clubs are within a few hundred feet of each other. There were some people staying at the Oasis, which was a 15-20 minute shuttle bus ride. Not worth it.

Do you think it will still be a party atmosphere on the 16th of May?

By the way, any thoughts about Temptation Cancun?

the oasis is a 24/7 orgy. party starts at 7am everyday. its mostly spring breakers so you wont get any rest ( ppl running naked in the halls, all day pool parties, djs playing loud music).

this was long tie ago, maybe the oasis is not the hot spot anymore

Can only speak to the Krystal, wasn’t crazy inside the hotel but it was close to the night action. People were chilling around the pool and beach but I wouldn’t call it an orgy.

May 16 might be a weird time to go, its exactly when the college semester wraps up so there might not be many American college kids there then. If you’re looking to mingle with college kids, make sure you find out what the right hotels are, as some nights are closed off to non-college kids (though I think you can bribe the bouncers). Yeah could be igor, never ventured down there during my stay. They had Afrojack for a day party once during my stay though