Boost/Ensure and Misleading Old People

I’m not seeing the analogy. I have a grandfather who is suffering from muscle wasting and I worry he thinks that drinking Boost will cure his ills. Hardly a “good” life.

On the bright side, I’m just bulls#!tting you, I don’t know anyone with that condition. But I’m upset for people in that boat nonetheless.

That nutrition label seems pretty balanced to me. Why would old people need a shake with the same amount of protein as body builders consume? The other components seem more or less proportionate to what people are supposed to eat.

1g/lb for men, 0.8g/lb for women. that’s how much protein you need for muscle maintenance. these shakes fall short and just pump you up with some good ol’ cheap sugar

*cringe*

Well, old people tend to lose muscle more than normal people, I don`t know if consuming more protein would help, though.

There was one study if I remember correctly where people who consumed multivitamins were at higher risk for cancer for whatever reason.As mentioned before creatine, whey, caffeine was the only stuff that has been really proven by science .

The only oxy people’s minds say that they need

there are theories in science and nutrition

but lets be real, the best way to eat healthy is to eat chemically free non-processed foods, end of story.

I used to hate pharma, but now that I am studying pharma their business model somewhat makes sense and I don’t completely hate them at this point because I would love to sell a drug to them and make some dollazzzzzz.

The thing that really makes me pissed is seeing these young gun hot shot types taking advantage of old people sick and dying on those American Greed episodes. Those guys really have no soul. I mean they do have a soul but it is black and lifeless.

Need more lawyers likes James McGill, looking out for the old folks.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91311217

Enjoy.