Career plan

My “dream” job would have no deadlines, no work schedules, no politics, and no hierarchy. No matter what profession I choose to put food on the table, I’ll have to deal with the aforementioned undesirable aspects.

Unfortunately, no such job exists whether in Finance or other fields.

But when money comes into play, I’ll easily put up with them, especially if it’s a profession I’m pretty passionate about (i.e. Finance.)

If you are passionate about finance and do not dread working long hours and the stress, then you are 1000 miles ahead of everyone.

I certainly can’t say that for myself.

But i do think that work is work, it provides me with some satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment on top of money. So i am not saying it’s all bad, though i have to say, i do not work extra long hours and do not get paid THAT well, i am definitely balancing the two.

I think my dream job is to do something meaningful, to me or to other people, something that i can proudly tell people i’ve done to make people’s lives better. Even if it’s hard work or long hours i still would be happy to do it, given it is something i can physically do and not harmful to me in any way.