CFA...can I do it? If you're a CA or CA student from India !! Please reply

But don’t you think Indian CA should have better operational risk management system to reduce corruption??

don’t forget units of measurement, too! (kilometers/miles, centimeters/inches, etc…)

Where do the CFA exams rank on your toughest exams list?

http://us.talentlens.com/quality-of-hire/worlds-toughest-tests-and-final-exams

according to Pearson, the CPA exam is the ‘toughest’ in the world. If you were to give this list any credence, the SAT is harder than the FSA and CFA exams (by virtue of them not being on the list).

Indian and corruption ? really?

I’d take the inches and pounds though. At least they got those right.

Why is it getting to east vs west? It’s just difference of opinion !!

rahul : I know right? They should improve on that…honestly I got the shock of my life when I got to know who checks the papers!!

Tjcfa : that’s what I came here to ask originally !!

Would you look : the list is old …and to clear it up I feel CA exams are unpredictable …like last time there’s this subject called advanced accounting …the exam was mind boggling …I felt like running away …and I never felt that for accountancy …it’s my favourite subject …got a 99/100 in school boards! The level was something !! Still I managed 60 passing is 40! And the other subject is auditing and assurance… I studied for it like crazy …did the course 5-6 times …that’s a lot …gave mocks !! And I got like 50 !! So bottom line is …even if the subjects don’t seem tough …getting marks is one hell of a task …they just don’t let you pass!

And also I’m bad at theory and I “like to think” I’m fine at practical or mathematical stuff …so I am taking a chance for CFA!

I am still not sure whether you are “seeking advice for CFA” or glorifying the “crap Indian CA”.

I’m still not sure you’re here to glorify cfa or mock me that CA is for losers. On a serious note : come on bro …keep the bias aside and think …exams are tough! And I know everything I’m doing CA…certainly I know way more CA people than you do …I know the facts and myths …except what u said about checkers! I know all the cons and it’s like I’ve started nd I’m certainly going to finish it whatever happens!!

And yes I am here for advise …confused2010 gave a very good one !! :slight_smile:

You know more CA’s then me??

I accept your challenge.

Just like i said earlier my family hires CA’s for $300 per month.

A security guard earns more than $300.

I don’t need to glorify CFA at all.

CA’s like you are running for CFA.

CFA’s are not running for Indian CA.

Did I say CA is better? No I did not! Yes I am going for Cfa coz it’s something i have an interest on more than CA I work in a CA firm (intern) I certainly know loads of CAs who earn wayyy more than $300 …and I have CAs in the family …all of them earning pretty well! The CA you hired …are u sure he works only for u ? Coz I think he must have various employers !! :slight_smile:

He works only for us.

I think you have a weak memory.I have already mentioned in a thread that few of my uncles work in Mumbai (both of them are CA) and they make $100k per annum.But they don’t work in ca related jobs.

I am not saying all the CA’s earn $300 but most of the freshers do.

My firm is a medium sized firm even here they have 600 :) I don't have a weak memory I remember well. Infact one of my cousins she had started with like 800 as a fresher. Your employee must have not done his internship properly so he’s working for experience with you? And CAs can start their own venture …job is not the only way. Some people work for that low for experience

True .

CA’s can earn $800 as fresher if they are really good.

But most of the CA’s work for $300-$450 as freshers.

@Anupriya:

AF is the forum for people who are passionate about CFA/FRM etc.

I think you are on the wrong forum.

Kindly glorify your CA in some other thread.

We don’t care about Indian CA.

And AF is also not a place to insult people with a different course , go insult people and feel good about yourselves elsewhere.

seriously such a Me-head you are. And here I thought rahul roy is a smart person.

i never meant to do this you are insulting me and provoking me to speak about CA …I have more questions but you don’t stop with your ‘insult this girl’ mission

And to clear it all …from the start I’ve focused on how hard it is and not how paying it is after!!! I never intended to mention money …I just care about the level of difficulty

I am not at all insulting you.

Initially i did not knew that you were a girl.I did not notice your name earlier.

I am just speaking true facts about CA.

If that is an insult then be it.

In one of your CA papers students were asked to assume that beta of risk free asset is 1.Wow!!! such a intellectual course!!!.I can provide you proof of this.

And last but not the least,I don’t need to prove my smartness or dumbness to an Indian CA student.I cannot go to other forums as CFA aspirants don’t go to Indian CA forums.

In this forum,people like Green man have done CPA but i have never seen them writing articles on how hard CPA is in comparison to CFA.Infact Green man once mentioned that he studied more hours for CFA L3 as compared to all papers of CPA combined.Even i am a ACCA student but never once did i compared Acca with CFA ,since it is a foolishness to compare graduate level courses like ACCA/CA etc to master level course like CFA.(In Europe CFA is QCF level 7 masters.Level 8 is for Phds)

There are courses more difficult than CFA like Actuaries.

But i have never seen any actuaries coming on AF and telling us how hard their course is.

If you think CA is difficult,then i respect your opinion but you are making a fool of yourself by trying to convince us about the difficulty of Indian CA exams.