CFA, CFP or CFP, CFA

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dlpicket Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CF * ( A + P ) > > CF(A,P) LOL, exactly what I was going to write! CONGRATS MWVT9!!! I vote #1

Thanks guys Number 1 it is…

The.Unit.Root Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt, > > I’ve had both for about a year now (CFA first), > work at a fee-based financial planning firm, and > put CFA, CFP . If you’re working with HNW > clients, you’d be suprised the number that know > about the CFA. I am getting more HNW clients lately. I hope you are right. That would be a nice bonus.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I know I have a biased sample here, but you > guys > > would really put CFA first or CFA alone if all > the > > people that you are giving the card to don’t > know > > anything about it? > > > People are dumb. I definitely wouldn’t put CFA > alone because people who don’t know about the > program, however little sense it makes, might > dock you points based on the assumption that you > don’t have a CFP. That said, can’t you see what > others at your firm have done in this situation? I am a partner in a small firm and nobody else has this combo (or any combo with a CFA), I can assure you of that.

mwvt9 - I think you should get a promotion to HNW or institutional money mgt where people recognize the credential.

After CFA, I am going to get my CFP. I personally do not like putting letters on my business card. But I would put them alphabetically. Storko, CFA, CFP, MBA

mwvt9, First of all from a Wahoo to a Hokie, congratulations on getting the job done. I did as well. I also have the CFP designation. and there is no question that I am doing CFA, CFP.

Thanks for the feedback.

jasonms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9, > > First of all from a Wahoo to a Hokie, > congratulations on getting the job done. I did as > well. > > I also have the CFP designation. and there is no > question that I am doing > > CFA, CFP. I remember you well wahoo. Good job.

#1 for sure.

Come on man. CFA, CFP. Your clients will notice both of them, and you’ll feel better about it since the CFA is obviously more important to you.

I’m big on chronological order

hi mwvt9, i presume you have seen this doc - CFAI’s official guide to use of letters & logo. http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/pdf/trademarkusageguide.pdf personally, I don’t think it makes a difference which goes first - probably would be more prominent if CFA is last. And you got the CFP first, so put that first. Don’t forget that you’re probably not just using the card with clients but fund managers, brokers, PM’s, etc - and they should appreciate the CFA much more than the CFP. Either way - congrats on the CFA. also - would you like to catch up off-line - would like to know more about your business model - can you email me on: ashleyowen@bigpond.com … cheers

Hey Mwvt9 I was hoping to have the same problem but thanks to band 10 will have to be next year but I was thinking of putting CFA, CFP. I think I heard somwhere go in alphabetical order which turns out to be CFA, CFP anyway. Cheers

null&nuller Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hi mwvt9, > i presume you have seen this doc - CFAI’s official > guide to use of letters & logo. > http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/pdf/trade > markusageguide.pdf > > personally, I don’t think it makes a difference > which goes first - probably would be more > prominent if CFA is last. And you got the CFP > first, so put that first. Don’t forget that > you’re probably not just using the card with > clients but fund managers, brokers, PM’s, etc - > and they should appreciate the CFA much more than > the CFP. > Either way - congrats on the CFA. > > also - would you like to catch up off-line - would > like to know more about your business model - can > you email me on: ashleyowen@bigpond.com … > cheers I’ll shoot you an email in the near future.

Actually, I also have the CFP as well as another designation hardly mentioned here, ChFC. Now that I passed my CFA, thinking to put only the CFP or ChFC after my CFA.