CFA L1 70+ in All, CFA L2 70+ in 8, CFA L3- FAIL BAND 5

You dont suck and there is nothing shameful about it as well.

May be 10-20% of the people pass all the level on first attempt. I failed band 10 last year too mate and this time managed to pass.

What would be shameful is if you are not learning your lessons vicky… Knowing you, I am sure you would learn from this and dust yourself up and crack Level 3 next year. Take care and good luck…

@mygos my parents saying that AAP reduced you from khas candidate ( topper in l1/l2) to AAM candidate (failure) :frowning:

@sooraj - I am gonna register soon and do 1 reading per week. By this syllabus done by feb. Then 3 months revision

i will kill L3 2015 angry

I m exactly in the same boat with you and Vicky

passed L1 in dec 2012 and L2 in june 2013 then band 5 fail june 2014.

with the wedding in december , will be tough to study again damn angry

shit i shd have studied and knocked off this exam …

Please time machine take me back 1 year

25-30 days next time, buddy…

CFA Institiute is waiting for you across the finish line, with open arms.

vicky

things do get in the way. plan for them, and do not allow them to unsettle you.

and as always - keep strong. do not get distracted.

also as a general rule - to all aspirants - understand the themes in the curriculum - there are patterns that repeat themselves ever so often - and USE THE CURRICULUM.

Shortcuts can be taken with sections in the curriculum, but without having read pages in the curriculum - you do not know the language the CFAI recommends and emphasizes. Use any other mechanism - Schweser / FinQuiz/ any thing else - after you have read the pages in the curriculum.

Also advise you to pay close attention to the past AM Papers - solve them by writing out the answer - and COMPARE and understand what the CFAI is emphasizing in their guideline answers. There is a pattern there in the answers for similar sounding questions across the years. This was something I never did in the past.

Also - there are times on the forum you will see a lot of opinions, a lot of conjecture as to what folks think some small passage in the book / schweser means. If you see it going out of hand, close that message and move on. And definitely do not get a feeling of frustration with other folks posts. A lot of folks here try to magnify their level of studying (have done the curriculum y times, read the book cover to cover x times ) all that is irrelevant. What matters is where you are, how you want to approach the topic.

The forum is a good place as a “moral” support team for the folks attempting the CFA - but is not the be-all and end-all. I learnt this after being dinged multiple times badly. That is why you see me mostly off posts on the forum.

Hope this helps, and cheers and best of luck for a successful attempt in 2015. Start early, keep strong and finish strong.

CP

CPK, good to see you finally crossed over man!

You dont need to start studying this year…start next year. Of the 124 days I gave myself to study (feb 3 - June 6), I ended up only studying 85 of those days with 202.5 hours put in. So you can pass with less than three full months of studying…don’t sweat it.

Cp congrats long overdue

ok you didnt study? - blame yourself whats the point from posting this… Get it over with

Don’t underestimate Level 3

I just don’t get it. 70+ all sections tells you nothing. Means you could have gotten close to 70% on the exam. Hardly killing it. Assumed I squeaked by one and two, and treated three like the beast it is, especially since the herd had been drastically thinned by the time I got there. Too much at risk to wing it. Wait a year to demonstrate my fitness. No thanks. I wanted 90% chance of success, not 50%. Sure, if I put in only twenty afternoons, I could of had a forty percent chance to pass. Bragging rights really wasn’t what I was looking for.