CFAI Topic Tests & Mocks scoring (where we are?)

You guys seem to be doing well, keep at it. I seem to be lagging a lot. I have started topic tests, done with ethics and quant, scored 70%+ on average. Attempting 1st mock on 5th. Lets see how it goes.

Seems It’s only one CFAI offical Mock on portal. I did twice the same. Should switch to Schweser.

Schweser:

1 - AM 68%

1 - PM 70%

2 - AM 88% (It was all the things I know well, but I was still shocked)

2 - PM 68%

I need to go over PM again as I am still not really understanding some of the formulas. Need to increase FRA, and make sure I know Equity really well.

Kaplan

1. Morning Session 50% (sleepy in the morning; almost want to hit myself after I checked the answer)

2. Afternoon Session 70% (took a tap after lunch)

Guess I need to make sure to get a lot of sleep the day before the exam. Hope next week’s mock exam has better scores.

Good luck to us all!

waaw, you guys already started with the mocks and practice tests!

I’m taking a mock at the end of the week - finishing reviewing Blue box and EOCs for Equity, FRA, and Corp Finance before I take a mock…

Will do 2 FLTs(CFAI + one from Schweser)

Rest will be all sectionals from Schweser + CFAI Topic tests

I’m saving the CFAI mock for near the end – I’m hearing a few different takes on the CFAI mock. Is it the same 20 vignettes each and every test? OR, do they randomly pick 20 vignettes from a population pool where some get recycled?

Thanks!

I took twice CFAI L2 Mock AM and PM and both times there were excatly 100 % same vignettes.

Unlikely on L1 where some questions had been recycled and each time about 50 % was same (another part was recylced in 2-3 versions).

Hello. Can anyone confirm if the CFAI has a population of vignettes in which 10 are randomly chosen for each am/pm section? Or, are the 20 vignettes fixed so each exam is identical?

Thanks!

It’s one, fixed question exam. Reloading a new exam will not generate a new set of questions.

Thanks for the confirmation guys! I’m not sure what happened last night, but I guess things were backed up as I had to post the same question twice thinking my first didn’t go through.

Has anyone done the Wiley mocks yet? First one was pretty brutal. Portfolio Management and Alts in particular.

I would like to get some sample mock questions from Wiley and see if they’re worth buying.

I have a doubt regarding the result calculation.

Example: AM had 1 set of FRA on which I scored 100% and PM had 3 sets on which I scored 61.11%

Is my topic score 80.55(=(100+61.1)/2) or 70.8% (weighted average (=(0.25*100)+(0.75*61.11)) ?

Thanks in advance

61.11% means you scored 11/18 for PM, so 6/6+11/18 = 17/24 = 70.8%

i just did my first mock paper from fin quiz and i scored pretty bad. M so disappointed right now. anyone else solved fin quiz paper? and what are your experiences with it?

FWIW, when I took the exam, my perceived difficulty ranking was as follows:

Past CFAI Mocks > Actual Test > Schweser Practice Tests

An additional note - I scored a 42% on my first mock but made the real test my bitch, finishing both sections in under 90 minutes.

Everyone is different, but don’t get discouraged by low scores in practice tests/mocks. Just keep plodding along and pray that you have as much of the _ right _ information in your head as possible come test day.

Would you say the actual exam was closer to the Schweser Mocks or the Past CFAI Mocks?