Could you spend a billion dollars?

I like your general thinking, although I think I would spend $500MM living my life like someone with $500MM to burn and spend the other $500MM on my personal pyramid.

^ Agreed, pyramid/tomestone it is. If i had money like Buffett, that’s what I’d do.

What would be the best material to make it out of? I don’t think I’d want to go with stone (though the egyptians’ have lasted quite a while, I’d want mine to last much, much, much longer, like billions of years).

Iconel? Depleted uranium? Is there any material that is nuke proof?

You could also just go Cobra and carve your face on the moon, but that would cost more that $1B.

No one has mentioned trips to space. Buy your own international space station to visit.

Here’s a good way to spend $1bn fast.

marry some pretty face / gold digger. she’ll divorce you shortly after, and viola $500m spent instantly. If you were dumb enough to punch out a kid, there’s another instant $300k a year in child support for 18 years.

I’d also buy all the Mount Everest permits for the next 10 years and not let anyone but me and my Sherpas climb it.

Get every superbowl seat and watch it by yourself?

Buy two F-22 Raptors and have them bronzed in your front yard.

Assuming you aren’t attacked by your Sherpas. They’re not too happy these days (and all climbs are cancelled this season).

^ Considering the fact that I’d be their only source of income for a decade, I think they’d warm to me.

Deaths in 2014 Everest avalanche Main article: 2014 Mount Everest avalanche

On Friday, April 18, 2014, a serac collapsed above the Khumbu Icefall on Mount Everest, causing an avalanche of massive chunks of ice and snow which killed 16 Nepalese guides, mostly Sherpas.[9] The disaster is the single deadliest climbing accident in the mountain’s history. In response to that tragedy and others involving Sherpas’ deaths and injuries sustained while servicing untrained climbers and climbers burdening Sherpas with unreasonable requests, and the lack of government support for Sherpas injured or killed in that service, numerous Sherpa climbing guides have walked off the job, and some climbing companies are closing their services on that mountain.[10][11]

In Afghanistan???

^ Especially in Afghanistan since you’d have to re-buy those things every couple of months after they’ve been blown to shit by US drone strikes.