dad kills family after getting drunk

prostitution should be legalized too. regulate it, tax it, and set safety standards. everyone wins.

Talk about stickiness…

ohai - I have a hard time believing you’re actually against legalization. Why are you trying to confuse the potheads?

“just 'cause” is a pretty weak argument.

Aren’t potheads by default confused?

Debating the legality of marijuana is so passe, Lysergic acid diethylamide on the other hand…

I actually have no strong feelings either way about pot. I am just saying that “but something else that is worse is legal” should not be a basis for legalizing anything. That’s like saying “I’m already fat so might as well get erectile dysfunction”.

Ok, do you think alchohol should be legal? Please outline your case for or against. Then apply that same argument to pot and if you don’t have any opinion you may just be unfamiliar with the facts.

Your point about legacy laws is silly. Alcohol was “successfully” banned. It was reversed because the stupidity of the motion became clear when people could see the marginal impact in terms of social costs and violence. Those same social costs and violence exist today for pot, heavily born by lower income communities and tax payers. It is to a large degree measurable but unacknowledged by most Americans because they haven’t experienced life without those laws. Essentially end of discussion.

Supporting legalization of alcohol as the correct law and being against legalization of pot largely indicates someone is a) uneducated, b) inconsistent, or c) a hipocrite.

And logical consistency is important in any society’s legal framework.

^ No I disagree with that. and that lower income argument is meaningless

alcohol is tied in with Western culture. alcohol comes in many forms and is paired with food to enhance our dining experiences. not having wine with Christmas dinner would be weird. weed can enhance your enjoyment of food but because it is yet to be part our mainstream culture’s traditions, it is not treated the same as alcohol, and never will be, UNTIL it is legalized. only after 50 years of legalization will the vast majority of people fight to keep weed legal. same can be said for cigarettes. addicted smokers would go on a rampage before giving up their after meal smoke.

BS, I will respond to any of your posts when you can write something without flipping out.

Elaborate?

I damn near giggled.

I really am not waiting to hear a response from someone who hasn’t looked at the situation closely enough to have an opinion beyond playing devils advocate. I’ll tone it down when I see some semblance of logic and research.

Aftewards we can move on to debating whether the facts really support the existance of climate change (eye roll).

I agree, although I am not sure if you support or are against the original point. Anyway, there are many valid arguments for the legalization of alcohol or marijuana, and note that I never actually said that I was against the legal use of either substance.

The point which I disagree with is how itera (presumably half jokingly) suggested that: since alcoholics can go on murderous rampages and alcohol is legal, marijuana should also be legal. In isolation, the suggestion that the legal use of one harmful substance validates the use of less harmful but illegal substances does not make sense.

Of course, once the debate expands to consider other factors, the outcome on any specific substance might change. This does not change the argument that one harm should not validate the use of smaller harms.

Banning alcohol would reduce birth rates in the Western world by half.

So you are against fairness? Why do you hate America?

Anyway, a very marginal point - maybe one reason that alcohol is legal and pot is not; is religious. Christianity involves use of alcohol e.g. wine in Catholic churches. No such backing for pot.