Dear AF community, tell me I can't

Calm down, my friend. Don’t be so defensive. My post was hardly written to start a war with you. In what I said, I am generalizing to those that do think that way, and you took my entire post as specifically for you. And you must have missed where I said, “But also to ANYONE…”

But you are the Destroyer of Worlds!

I did not miss when you said, “So yes, they are directed at you

Buddy, I’ll tell you what I destroy is employment barriers as I am on the other side of the fence you are staring at.

DOW is the straight troof!!

Just own the night

And let it shine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

Only thing in this world and all business for that matter is, results. It doesn’t matter if you’re a level III, level II, level I candiate, HBS MBA 2.0, CFDFS, XYZDC, ETC. If you can’t or don’t get the job done your career will suffer.

Resorting to elementary rebuttals. Reminds me of Nelson from The Simpons. Saying, “Ha-ha!” while pointing his finger to those currently less then him. I remember one of the episode’s where it turns out Nelson admitted he actually was very depressed from personal problems at home and that is why he resorts to such childish tactics.

Is likening his response to Nelson from the Simpson’s not also an elementary rebuttal?

At the end of the day, your argument includes a reference to a cartoon. Maybe a more Shakspearean reference to one’s self-worth would have been more appropriate.

But I digress. Keep it going boys, this is getting good!

Buffettology…just keep doing you. If you lock yourself in a cave for 6 months - year…only study for the exam, enhance your education in other ways, apply for jobs (i’m talking hundreds), crush it at your current job, network (i.e. business functions / events, not getting wasted with your friends), and actually put in the effort…you can make it. The problem is people think putting in the effort is not having a social life for a few weeks…WRONG…go off the grid socially for 6 months to a year and only and I mean only focus on your career (and the gym to stay healthy)…then and only then will someone with a mediocre background have a chance of making it. So it’s not impossible, it’s just improbable since most people who claim to work hard don’t actually know what that means…you could be one of them…or not…I don’t know. I moved from investment consulting to private equity doing the above. I went to a top 50 school…level 3 candidate…just crushed ass at my last job and took mad initiative in learning things I didn’t need to for that job because I had the time (no social life)…and motivation. I developed knowledge and skills that allowed me to crush the interviews at this PE firm when I was given the chance. So if you know what hard work actually means…then good you have a chance. Although, I havent seen anything in your post to show that you do…your post was non-sense to begin with.

you wack buffetology. lol. You aint going nowhere.

LOL

Good point! Let me try a new one.

His rebuttal was like sloppily moving your bishop to take a pawn, which I wanted you to do. Opened yourself up. He never responded to the original debate after I put his argument in check.

@Ramos4rm

Your absolutely right. No matter what I post about my motivation and work ethic, at the end of the day it is just words on a anonymous forum. I did this to add even more fuel. I feed off negativity along with positivity as well. I freaking love it man. This is what drives me.