Deutsche Bank

is DB truly the DB of the banking world? i’m walter cronkite and this is 60 minutes.

Seems like the 2008 thing, it becomes an issue even if it isn’t, as people pull money. Merkel is probably meeting with people right now, market wants reassurance, they will keep pushing on this to see if it breaks.

More interestingly, this shows how on edge the market is going into Q4. The market participants know they are in line to be f@#%d, just a question of when their name is called… laugh

DB miraculously un-punched in the face, most traded stock, +14%.

So did the US just do this to trigger a stock collapse, and achieve the current fast-settlement number of $5.4B?

weird. why is this good news. was the consensus really greater than $5.4B? other foreign banks paid closer to $1-3B. they’re more screwed now in my opinion. now they definitely have to raise capital and have no way of doing that without diluting current shareholders at least 2x.

Did they not just issue a schwack of tier 1 notes?

Exactly, my whole bet is that the market doesn’t know what they are doing.

DB was in the top five list of shorted stocks, according to some report from my broker, perhaps this is shorts getting the hell out before they get crushed by 1) Merkel, or 2) the fact that DB was never in any immediate danger anyhow (unless the market believes they are).

Really worth watching, see 3min mark.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-05/deutsche-bank-should-take-doj-to-court-to-settle-serra-says

This Serra guy is a “just use basic thinking skills” guy, same as me. Of course America charges a foreign premium, don’t be naive! Same as I said with the VW scandal; just cut off your arm and leave the USA. There is no reason to do business there if it is just going to bankrupt you. As he says; Deutsche Bank has NOT made money in the US, and so they do not need the US, it has been a liability for them.

Just walk away, f@%k em. yes

sounds like bad mgmt LOL

Looks like I won.

Hedge funds unwinding short bets, drama over. My sold puts will likely expire worthless. Jeez, I’m like nearly 100% this year, like bam bam bam, winner after winner, unstoppable.

Is pure alpha the best lockdown prognosticator in the game right now?

I don’t follow DB mgmt, but from this call they seem solid. Rather be long DB than WFC.

http://www.businessinsider.com/deutsche-bank-q3-earnings-call-2016-10