Diamond Rings and Females

You’re being intentionally thick, I don’t think you’re that dumb.

The Boxster is to Porsche as the Shelby CSX was to Shelby…and since you’re being pedantic, that analogy is hyberbolic.

1/x! :wink:

In my experience, women are begging to get married and feel fortunate enough to be honoured with a ring, let alone one of significant price. With that said, I think (when the time is right) I will invest heavily into a ring that warrants envy. We all joined finance to make money, why not spend some of that hard earned (i laugh as i write this) money and fancy your better half not because she wants it but bc you can afford it?

Oh my tits you’re in love with that broad arent you?

I like the idea of my girl rolling in like a baws with a nice ring.

But she doesn’t have a lot of rich friends, so probably more easily attainable for me.

haha f you. FTR, i dont believe in love but one day ill conform, settle down, have a few kids, get bored throughout the years, have an affair, get divorced and kill myself. At least, this is what i told my FA when he brought up withdrawal rates and the distribution phase.

Here’s a guy that gets it.

^ But dows Baws ring = $100k diamond ring? Or just bling bling that looks nice and is not a diamond?

I think you could get away with a fake, but it’s the confidence too that she exudes knowing she’s married to a guy that’s buying her the real deal. In any event, $100k is not needed.

The loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room.

“Baws” is relative…The second part said she doesn’t have too many rich friends.

I had the good sense to marry a woman who hates diamonds.

Our wedding rings have green jade, and I dare say we get as many compliments on them as anyone with a huge diamond. Not the gasps, to be fair, but compliments nonetheless.

I put about 150,000 miles on my 911 before selling it.

My S2000 has 205,000 miles on it, and is more fun to drive than the 911 was, and the 911 was a blast!

^ No doubt? I dig that GTR that just came out. That thing looks wicked!

There is a negative correlation between a woman’s age and the need to buy an expensive ring. The older she gets, the less bargaining chips she has. Exception: HCB, which can always command a high price.

guys are also partly guilty of feeding the diamond ring beast.

I’ve seen more than several guys convince a girl to break up with her BF because he used the “if he was serious where’s your ring” card. And then after a while, the mind games get into her head.

I got married in August of 2012 at the age of 23. I was fresh out of college when I bought my wife’s ring and I think I spent too much on it. She and I would probably agree that money saved on the ring could have been better used in our first year of marriage.

That being said, I did not break the bank when I bought the ring, nor did I take on any debt. I also bought a “used” diamond from a diamond broker. My wife knows all of this, loves the diamond and the ring, and my conscious is somewhat at ease because my purchase didn’t directly support the diamond mining industry.

I know we’re young and new to marriage, but my wife says it is the only diamond she wants. She is more than happy with CZ jewelry. She’s a pretty cheap person like myself and comes from a modest upbringing so she doesn’t really have expensive tastes…yet.

whats a USED diamond?

^ Came off the end of a oil rig drilling bit?

It was a diamond that someone had traded in or had sold to the diamond broker.