Exhaustion

Only another three weeks, but man am I struggling to keep up the momentum. I’m not going to get to a practice exam until next weekend…hopefully that will give me a boost (either way I’ll at least have an idea of where I’m at…)

I’m with Skillz. Yeah CFA dreams suck but this is the good part of the studies. We’ve gotten all the readings out of the way, all of the EOC’s and now it’s game time and the competitive side of it. I would take practice tests any day over having to reread the CFAI text again. Yeah we’re sweating coffee and redbull but we’re almost there. Let’s make these last days count no matter how bad we perceive it to suck. Life can be much worse. We’ve still got our health, our families/kids/friends and we’re going to make it payoff.

I feel more like Skillionaire. I am actually looking forward to putting in some serious work and effort these last few weeks. I now get up early to get an hour or two in before work, and then bust for like 5 hours after work and I love it! I honestly feel significantly better and more energized now than I have for months!

funny, not stressed. maybe it has a direct correlation with the fact that i’ve barely been studying. what do i have, 3 weeks left? this would be a miracle.

I’m burnt out even though I haven’t been studying much at all lately. I made a thread a few weeks ago outlining how much I’ve studied. I wish I could say that I’m following my previous trend. I’m not motivated AT ALL. I know I’ll feel terrible as well so I’m trying to kick myself in the @ss. I’m just sick of this material and sick of not doing fun stuff during the spring. I’ve been taking so many days off and the days that I have studied it’s been horrible. Furthermore, I joined a dating site. Worst idea ever if you have something important to do.

bannis and slash. We’ve been at this crap wayyyyyy too long. Let’s get it over with. Try and set aside 3 hours tonight/tomorrow morning before work and go back and take an old cfai morning session. Force yourselves to be focused during that time and it’ll payoff.

I agree with GMofDen. We all have already spent number of years…lets make this the last.

So bored of it… and ridiculously tired after work… wide awake when i try to sleep. Its miserable. On top of it… I just started dating someone new, so its in that “we have to talk all the time” stage which is a huge but welcome distraction. But no more complaining for me… that’s it. I’m taking a stand. I’m going to knock out these next few weeks like a CFA madman and not look back. Positive thoughts from here on out only!! Let’s do this people.

Thanks for the push. I was in a very good review mode and stomach flu strikes me. My head hurts and my stomach hurts I’m miserable !!!

Anyone else get butterflies when they look at the remaining days count on this site? Haha

Saw that countdown this morning and hade this wave of anxiety go over me. Wondering if there is enough time to retain everything. Good to know there is an end to this though.

Am trying not to over-do it. Burn-out is the enemy.

Guys this is 2 pages long… Love you all! I am not alone… _!_ FU CFA

Neveruse_95%_everagain Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am trying not to over-do it. Burn-out is the > enemy. I’ve never understood nor will I ever understand the people who speak of being burnt out. Anyways, enough of this softie shit people - get back to work. “Pain is weakness leaving the body”.

Caffeine and Berocca!

me too, me too I was thinking of starting a new thread like this before I found this. I have to study every night to do exam or review exams, frequently stick to 1am now we are all in the last few weeks of three year marathon, I am planning a lot of things for post cfa exam life.

Bagged it early last night and went to bed at 8:30. My wife is out of town with the kids, so I got a GREAT night sleep for a change. Picking back up and working on FI. For those struggling with FI, I would suggest using the CFAI textbook for SS9 & 10.

Yeah Slash, I do - actually changed my bookmark to go straight to the L3 page so I wouldn’t have to see the countdown anymore. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I am burned out (yet), but I am having dreams about the exam almost every night. Mostly I am running out of time in the morning session! Last night’s dream had me answering my cell phone during the exam (pretty crazy, I know) and it was my wife. After I hang up the phone I suddenly remember that cell phones are a no-no and I am wondering if a proctor saw me! OK, I have pretty strange dreams/nightmares.

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah Slash, I do - actually changed my bookmark to > go straight to the L3 page so I wouldn’t have to > see the countdown anymore. :slight_smile: lol good idea…