Fail email?

^ or the losing horn sound from price is right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A lmfao

you guys should do this if you really don’t want to open your email and you have a smartphone. turn off gmail notifications for your regular gmail account on your phone

Create two gmail addresses, one for fail, one for pass. Do a filter on your regular gmail account so it forwards the pass email to the pass gmail account and same for the fail based on searching the body of the email.

now on your phone add both gmail accounts, change the notification of the pass gmail account to play the price is right win horn, and the price is right losing horn (or sad trombones lmfao) for the losing email account

that way you don’t even have to open any email. you’ll just know when the tune plays.

The respect that I have for the chartholders or all level passed candidates is slowly turning into Jealousy :slight_smile: Haa, but I know each one of them had to undergo this ATLEAST 3 times in their lives as well :slight_smile: Back to feeling respect!

The respect that I have for the chartholders or all level passed candidates is slowly turning into Jealousy :slight_smile: Haa, but I know each one of them had to undergo this ATLEAST 3 times in their lives as well :slight_smile: Back to feeling respect:)

It used to be different - trying to get through a crashed website over and over again until you gave up and just got your result the next day.

Email system much more reliable.

Oh I didnt know this usj2.

That would be more frustrating!! Haaa…

LOL now that was funny

DAMN !! Its just the first alphabet which matters … I feel like whole effort of so many months just converges to a single alphabet … Weird yet true … !!!

Too much over-thinking. Just man/woman-up and read the email. Creating separate email addresses and sounds that signal failure or pass is crazy. Just adds more pressure.

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=related

+1

Have they changed the mail format in 2011? I gave L1 in 2010, and received a mail format which goes like this (without any introductory paragraph on Congratulations or Regrets):

"Dear ABC,

Your results for the June 2010 Level I CFA exam are below. The pass rate for June 2010 Level I was 42%. If you have questions or comments, please contact us.

Level I: Pass

The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.

^^^

Yes they did change the format in Dec. 2010

Proposed new format for fail email.

You Shall Not Pass

Ok, I set up gmail filter to send a SMS to one cell phone for pass, and another cell phone for fail based on key words “Congrats” or “regret”. Which phone will ring Tuesday morning?

Yall are nuts. Seriously. Just read the email. You’ll go more crazy thinking of all these backwards ways to avoid it or detect the result without reading the email.

Damn… this may sound crazy… but I like this idea.

But what’s the difference between just reading the email?

What happens if CFA plays spoilsport and changes the format this year . Can be possible , since this is their 50th anniversary year. Then all your efforts of cellphones and separate email accounts will go in vain. someway or the other we will have to face the music ( joyful or sorrowful)

This way I don’t have to get out of bed, start computer, open emali, wait, wait, etc… (6am).