Favorite Burger?

BRGR is fine but I strongly dislike their homemade ketchup. Get a bison burger with an egg on top.

And, grass fed beef is not good. You can almost get away using it in burgers, but if anyone has ever had a grass/range fed filet, you know what I’m talking about. Dirty hippies…

^I had a grass fed longhorn burger in Austin. Not very good.

Mad props to Whataburger. San Antonio representin’!

shake shack going public

https://www.etrade.com/rtpublish/images/SHAK_Red.pdf

I’m not sure I’d want to line it up against some of the perrenial favorites here, but my girl and I often like to stop in after a night of dancing and split a burger at Big Nick’s on 71st and Columbus. It’s a 24 hour joint that specializes in burgers, but has pizzas and other greasy-spoon type things. The burgers are enormous, so splitting works out well for a midnight snack.

They have a zillion different burger configurations. One night early on I asked the waitress to recommend something, because I was overwhelmed by the options. She recommended the burger with mozarella cheese and grilled pineapple. Awesome choice, and very hard to risk switching to anything else now…

There used to be another Big Nick’s at 77th and Broadway which was a little better, but it got closed down after 30 years because the rents became unaffordable, so 71st and Columbus is all that’s left (they used to be owned by the same owner, but split off from each other about 10 years ago).

old school, i like it.

Of all the chains mentioned I think only 5 guys has made it to my part of the world. Most burger places here are independents and go down the hipster route, toasted brioche bun, blue cheese, truffle chutney etc.

One thing I hate is the burgers that are so massive and packed with stuff that you can’t actually eat it. eating a burger with a fork and knive is as fucked up as trying to eat soup with you hands.

Tried it a few weeks ago and was not impressed.

^I had one in San Antonio in 2010 and was also not impressed.

Any of you northeasterners ever been to All-American Burger out in Massepequa? One of my old military friends says it’s, by far, the best burger in the entire known universe.

+1

If you guys are ever in Toronto. Go to “The Burger’s Priest.” I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Was just about to mention this… going tonight.

If we’re adding single location places to the mix, a bar near me, Rossi’s, has been featured on one of the best burger shows on The Food Network or some other cable channel. They closed their original location and moved the the 'burbs though and I heard the burgers are not what they used to be.

Groupon had a deal today where for $144 you get 1 burger and fries everyday for a year at PYT Burger (only in Phily and NYC). You have to eat the burger at the establishment and cannot take it home. The value is $4,380 so a discount of 97%. For someone that shows up everyday, it will cost $0.42 per meal.

Just ate a Whataburger for the first time recently. Very good burger. As far as well known regional/national chains go, I’d put it third behind In-N-Out and Five Guys. Still awesome though.

Geo’s grill. Prime rib burger. Mmm…

you musta lost your dad gum mind. In no universe is in-n-out even in the same league as Whataburger.

Even if you only go 2x per month that’s not a bad deal.

^^When my Brother-in-Law used to rate the best hamburgers in the D-FW area, they had a “Whataburger rule”. Whataburger has the best burgers available at a chain restaurant, so in order to be rated, the burgers had to be better than Whataburger.

Ate Shake shack for the first time ever in New York New York last night.

Pretty good. I’d give it a solid 8.5.

Which one did you go to? When the Madison Square Park one was open, I never went because it was so packed. Yuuuge line. Then I went to the one in UES. I saw this year there is one in the East Village too. It is really good. I went to one in Glendale, California last year (LA) as well.