Final Week Plan

Just as a quick piece of advice, I would highly suggest people minimize studying in general on Friday. Lots of studies show that retention is actually better after a day of rest, so taking Friday off (or most of it as least) should really help bring things to mind come Sunday. This sounds obvious, but I know way too many people who cram. And it isn’t marginally helpful - it can actually hurt.

Agree. One or two days rest mean more than 2 days of hard studying in this phase. Also in my opinion if one was not able to get well prepared until the last week, it is hard to believe that last minute studying may be crucial. Of course last week should be used to patches and utilize concepts by quick repeating.

Feel like my understanding was higher last week and it is starting to slip. Need to keep everything fresh

Need to read over notes completely. Those assumptions are hard to remember.

I’ll be doing and reviewing the full Schweser online mock and the CFAI mock over this 3-day weekend, which will be my 6th and 7th mocks. I’ll probably leave exam practice with that. Tuesday - Friday will be reading Wiley’s 11th Hour guide, reviewing notes and trying to pack as many of the details as possible into my head. It’s those conceptual details that can get you those extra points, and it’s where I give up a lot points on practice exams.

Hopefully it’s enough this year. Happy cramming all!

Hey Guys-

I just wanted to wish you all luck in the final week for preparation in the exam. Been reading some of the posts you’ve been posting you guys seem to be going about it the right way to pass the exam. You guys are definately more ready than I was when I failed with a band 10 last year. Really didn’t post as much as I did last year…feeling little bit more confident this time around since I’m not fearing the unknown like many of you are taking level 2 for the first time.

My only tips I can give at this point are.

Remember to memorize those formulas…there are a lot of low hanging fruit that can give you a cushion.

Make sure you know what they test in the EOCS really well.

Definately reread Ethics one more time.

Make sure you get a good night of sleep. You might be all energetic in the morning and hyped to take the exam in the morning but when the afternoon exam hits that adrenaline is going to fade and it’s going to suck. I got hit with that last year and in my opinion a combination of that and I felt the afternoon exam was definately much harder than the morning exam definately caught me off guard.

Jounin813!!! Buddy let’s pass it this year. Bobbybraveheart don’t know if you are taking it again this year or not but hey man hang in there!

Good luck to all of you again. Hopefully we can all suffer together next year when we take the level 3 exam. Good Luck don’t lose confidence! Keep your foot on the gas pedal and after next Saturday celebrate like crazy!

scored first 70+ in mock today, going continue with mock because I cant read anything, I am at a point i read i feel i know it but i dont. Also I took this afternoon off, so burnt out.

My derivatives section is a mess though, so will focus on that, who knows, I recorded all my time on an excel since jan, based on a 9 hour studying day next week I will be hitting 700 hours, if i fail still i have no regret

wow…exactly the same like i feel last year…it seems like atletico will win the 2014 final champion league after my AM session…but suddenly sergio ramos header…

let’s do it buddy…!!

Which day does everyone plan on doing their last mock? I was thinking Monday to give me Tuesday-Thursday to review everything. I’m hesitant to take a mock on Wednesday or so due to lack of time to review and revisit weaker concepts.

I think latest would be Monday. Then on Tuesday you can review that last mock again. Got to keep your mind fresh and ready to go for the real thing. Thursday and Friday of next week I’ve left just for Ethics, Corporate Governance, FRA quality and evaluation and formula retention only.

Wednesday

Going to finish up all the topic tests this weekend. Already finished 6 mocks, 5 schweser mocks + 1 CFAI official mock. I still have 1 more schweser mock left, but with the limited time I’m not sure if I want to bother with the last schweser mock exam in volume 2…

I’m halfway done with the topic tests, but still got to review them a few more times + review all my previous mocks. Would you guys suggest that I finish the last mock or just forget about it?

Here’s mine. Posted this yesterday, so there’s been a few more boxes checked off since then! Let’s kill this thing!

https://www.reddit.com/r/finance/comments/4lcax5/cfa_level_ii_my_life_over_the_next_eight_days/

For the fitch mock i decide only glance over the answers with objective to find the unique questions that i never saw on CFAI topic tests / EOC before… got only 5-7 questions.

Today i am creating summary from my topic tests CFAI (half-way done), will continue the rest for tommorow.

only got 2 days off before exam…certainly will going over notes & formulas for the last week…and also save the last mock for Thursday.

Schweser Mock Scores

AM/PM 40/55 62/52 65/x

Taking the PM here in a minute just doing mocks and reviewing the mocks, questions around them and things like that - flashcards made and more on the way with concepts missed on the practice test

I’m finding I need a read-over on Corp Finance and FRA the weighting is huge it feels like when you are actually doing the mocks.

1st AM was shell shock last week 5 months of study and 300 hours for THIS - but I did get in a fight with my ex right before the test so who knows.

Shifting my sleep schedule up. I was waking up at 1-2PM all last week and staying up until 4AM. Now I am moving my clock up I woke up today at 10:30AM tomorrow 8:30AM and Monday hopefully I can be up by 6:30-7:30AM to take my first practice test at 8:30-9AM

Just scored 67% on cfai mock AM. 4/12 on fixed income. How did you guys do?