fired, starting to study now.

My wife’s uncle quit his dead-end job to start some kind of factory in China. Predictably, the factory went bankrupt and a bunch of Chinese loan sharks went after him for the money he had borrowed to start the business. Anyway, wife’s family had to bail him out. I’m not sure how much money was involved, but there was some talk about taking out mortgages, etc. (everyone seems ok now though…)

You can do it fired. Don’t burn yourself out though, be sure to take some time each week to spend with friends and family or to just do something you enjoy (golf was my out while I was studying). Your studies will be much more productive if you give yourself time to relax every now and then.

okay guys, so I been busting my ass of with the idea of spending 300 hours in 30 days. The plan was to cover Schweser and CFAI books. Today I got the 6 Schweser mocks, 3 CFA mocks, and 3 past exams, I think it would take 100 hours to do and correct those mocks so now I am just not sure what to use for studying since covering both CFA and Schweser would leave me with no time for mocks…

I would appreciate it if some of you guys can give your opinion about what you think would be the optimal way to use the 27 days. Good luck to all.

The CFAI books are for people that started studying in October. You are not one of those people. Put the CFAI texts aside; they will not help you.

First, blast through the Shwesser Notes readings in the next two to three weeks. Do the concept checkers. If you have a qbank, use that to quiz yourself continuously, as a break from reading.

Make yourself some flashcards of things you need to remember; refer to quicksheet etc.

If you have secret sauce; use this to review everything you’ve read.

In the week before the real exam, do practice exams. Review areas of weakness.

Then, on June 2nd, pass. This is the most important step.

do the schweser video’s as a first pass. so you have an overview of the curriculum.

Agree with Wendy, but will add that you should try to do the CFAI end of chapter questions in addition to Schweser. Video put me to sleep, so watch at your own risk. Friends did say it was great for them though.

agree with Wendy…you’re basically looking to hit a home run right now…

If in your shoes, I don’t believe I would be able to do this.

It’s too much pressure to memorize way too much in such a short time.

intercom, you have the right to say that, more people tell me I cant do it than those who say I can do it.

But from a motivational point I tell myself who are you or anyone to tell me that I cant do it (no disrespect intended). I am not a 100% sure I can do it, but I been clocking 11 hours a days for the past few days, I will keep this pace till June 2nd. I will come home open a bottle of Vodca and crash.

I will then have mylife back at least for 90 days !

Re-read what I wrote VERY carefully. I never said anything about you.

I said if I were you, I wouldn’t be able to do it.

He didn’t say you can’t do it. He says that he can’t do it.

I think you can do it fired, but the stress does appear to be getting to you already. Take a few hours off and go see a movie or something.

U can do it…! I did it in about a month or so while planning my wedding with the mrs… so its doable for sure!

i used schweser and read everything in order of its weightage in the exam. did all the practice questions from the notes as well as the questions from actual CFAI material while reading… then once i was done with everything i reviewed and used two of the schweser mocks as practice questions rather than use them as timed mock exams. And the last two days i just did two mock exams - a schweser mock and the mock on the CFAI webiste. dotn know if the same strategy will work for u but i guess u can take pointers… and good luck!!!

yeh yeh, intercom I was not attacking you, in general many will say they cant do it, which would make me say i cant do it since i am also an avg human…

for now all i can do is tell myself that i can do it, and just not think about the odds, keep working till the last day and we see how it goes.

anyway, sorry for the hostility, a few redbulls and caffeine tabs at work

You can do it!

higgmond, you are right about the stress, i have not left my building in 10 days, I dont even know where my car is (5 floors of parking, and forgot where I parked it).

As much as I want a drink, or just to go for a drive, I won’t forgive myself if I fail, I am sticking to this road.

I drop by here for a question and a motivation a couple of times a day, a watch a couple of rocky scenes on youtube everyday, and other than that it is study study study.

mellow123, good to know someone has done it before, that always helps…

Ohai and all the rest, thanks as always !

I am excited to see this play out. You can do it, firedcfa! Step your game up!

You can do it!!

well this thread is not about us… it was started by firedcfa and it is about him. So, cut the nonsense of if i were you or if I were him because you are not him.

To the, OP. Good luck and stick to your planned schdedule.

^ hehe its okay, thanks to all anyway

managed to get 12 hours on one day, however 10 is the number on most days, I am disappointed, you would think if I have nothing to do I can get more than 10 hours, very ashamed of myself :frowning:

Gona keep it rolling, ten thousand people pass level III every year, aint no reason why i cant be one of them.