Food options with chicks - What do you want to eat tonight?

I do think that a big part of a successful relationship is liking more or less the same food/cuisine. I have had to give up Indian food in my current relationship, but in most other respects, we are on the same page.

My ex was always changing what’s allowed in the diet (hers, and sometimes mine) and it made it almost impossible to find a place to eat without some kind of thing wrong with it, and constant frictions because food is indeed one of the pleasures in life, and when you feel deprived of pleasure, you get grumpy. Grrrr.

You can still go for Indian with your friends, no?

Yes. It’s not a ban. And I take advantage of friend time to go chow with Lord Vishnu. :slight_smile:

On my first date with my wife of, now, 36 years, I’d made dinner reservations at a Japanese restaurant.

I picked her up at her home, and, as we were driving down the street toward the first traffic light, I asked her if there were any type of food she wouldn’t even consider thinking about eating.

“No.”

“Except Japanese food.”

Sigh.

We got to the light. It was red. We chatted for a moment.

It turns out that she thought that all Japanese food was raw fish.

We’ve been going to this restaurant for 37 years. It’s unquestionably our favorite. They have food other than raw fish, as it turns out.

Oh . . . and she loves Indian food.

Lamo…I don’t care… Lol

South Indian food is better because it’s less oily and spicey. But it could also be less attractive because it doesn’t look so colorful. For me, pepperoni pizza!! Never met a girl who said no for that.

My wife likes pepperoni pizza.

I like really, really hot (spicy) food. My wife likes spicy, but not hot (e.g., cumin, corriander, turmeric, cardamom, and so on).

When we get Indian, I get super-hot vindaloo; she gets mild tandori, aloo gobi, whatever.

When we get Thai, I get super-hot nam sod, cashew chicken, tom kha gai; she gets mild pad see eew.

When we get Chinese, I get super-hot kung pao chicken, General Tso’s chicken, Szechuwan beef; she gets mild cashew chicken, or almond chicken.

http://www.amazon.com/Spousonomics-Economics-Marriage-Szuchman-published/dp/B00E31IPGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460747537&sr=8-1&keywords=spousenomics

Spousonomics book linked above.

you date far chicks?

You mean curvy?

Billowy.

I like some meat on bones. Lol