FOSL: Do you wear a watch or iWatch?

^ wow. that is a real life Pip-Boy. amazing.

Yea if Samsung can get their bendy/flexible screens going and you dont have to worry too much about cracking the screen, these could def be on the horizon.

The last watch I wore was a pocket watch, and I cannot recall how long it’s been since. Probably 20 years or more.

Just strap your iPhone to your arm.

are we going to start referring to cellphones as “pocket phones” and “wrist phones”? do you think the first wrist watch was just a pocket watch with tape?

I believe I read somewhere that someone indeed strapped a small pocketwatch to their wrist to make the first wristwatch. Not tape exactly, but close enough.

Here is a presenttion from Piper Jaffray predicting the iWatch will be decoupled in 2017. If that happens they will own the wrist.

http://www.businessinsider.com/future-of-apple-presentation-by-analyst-gene-munster-at-business-insider-ignition-2015-12

Am I the only one who actually has the Apple watch here? At first, seemed like a huge waste of money after I bought it. Now I am used to it and enjoy it an appropriate amount. It’s a nice to have, never a need to have.

Things I use it for:

Checking weather. This is very easy, quick, and convenient

Calendar: meeting rooms and such

Working out: not much of a difference vs. my smartphone though. Plus, the Nike app doesnt track heartbeat so it’s still a guess. And the built in app doesn’t track my running routes. I can probably find an app that does both with a little effort, but meh.

Remote for apple tv: actually pretty convenient to pause/play

Notifications: by far the most used. quick to look at and saves me time so I can realize that 90% of things I would look at on my phone are unnecesary.

Texting: Once in awhile for quick responses

And sometimes I use the drawing feature to draw things to the one other guy I know who has the watch.

Overall, it’s not a gamechanger at this point. Still long AAPL though.

The thing about the watch is it was only released in April and by the end of its first year, despite all its perceived shortcomings, AAPL will have generated as much in revenue off the watch in ~9 month as FOSL does in a year. Imagine how badly that is going to go for FOSL by 2017 when APPL is selling 40 million units of the watch. Or even half that. Game over, thanks for playing.

What’s worse is FOSL “pulled a Circuit City” and spent $600 million buying its own stock at peak earnings, which shredded the balance sheet. Not good for business.

I have a Breitling and a Rolex. The Breitling is obnoxious. Should have stuck with the leather band. The gold and stainless just turns it into a beast. I have worn the Rolex zero times this year. And the Breitling twice. Two “holiday” parties recently. Found myself making sure my sleeve covered most of it.

I will be getting a watch or band to monitor my heart continously as soon as they become medical grade. I’d prefer a “dot” that sticks to me, but until then…

well this backfired

Just bought my first Omega. Seamaster 300M…black dial…pretty sexy…i recommend it.

^ Beauty. Good choice.

yikes!

Yikes indeed! Gotta love a gutting so bad that the previous candles just look like ants trailing on the top of the screen.

Great example of how timing and market reactions can frustrate what in hindsight was a good short.