FRM November 2016 results

Good luck on your next attempt at least you have your CFA be proud Mostafa :slight_smile:

Atb buddy you will be through for sure. But I have to admit the charm of CFA is different, which you have.

Thanks Cassy and Dealer_Clincher guess eveything happens for a reason. Good luck to both of you!!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Passed as well. Good stuff.

Congratulations to everyone!!! You all deserved it.

Can anyone tell me what is the best source to practice questions? GARP sample papers, Schweser, Wiley or BT?

Hi Guys,

A request from an FRM aspirant to all the candidates who cleared FRM I & II. Please post the quartiles while you mention that you have cleared the exam. This will give me and other FRM aspirants some idea about the passing criteria and clearing the exams.

You can also look at results on Bionic Turtle’s forums. Folks will post quartiles on that.

I’ve seen anywhere from 1,1,1,1 to 2,3,2,3 pass Part I. I wouldn’t worry about quartiles and just focus on doing as good as you can.

You can also look at results on Bionic Turtle’s forums. Folks will post quartiles on that.

I’ve seen anywhere from 1,1,1,1 to 2,3,2,3 pass Part I. I wouldn’t worry about quartiles and just focus on doing as good as you can.

Quartile score doesn’t matter, focus on getting as many correct as you can. What does it mean if the lowest possible passing quartile combo is, say, 2,4,2,4? That quartile score could still mean you beat 50% of test-takers and thus passed (assuming pass rate is 50%), and it gives no indication of where you are relative to that 2,4,2,4 as it doesn’t translate to a raw exam score. That said, if you know pass rate is 50%, then that means your true weighted quartile score must be at least 50%, since you would have had to scored higher than 50% of applicants to be in the pass group.

The quartile score is a rather pointless indicator of performance. I got a 1,1,1,2,2, but I could actually have a higher raw score than S666. Probably not likely given that S666 seems like a smart guy, but it’s possible given how vague and variable the quartile score is.

Hi all;

What was the official pass rate (overall pass rate for ppl who sat for the exam) for the Nov 19 FRM Level I and Level ll exam. I tried searching for this info but could not find anything.

Regards.

On GARP’s LinkedIn page: November 2016 FRM Exam pass rates – Part I: 44.8% | Part II: 54.3%

Surprised they publish the pass rate first on linkedin…

Thank you! The pass rate seems similar or slightly above its historical average. I would have thought that the rate would have been lower as I found Level I pretty challenging. Seems like we have a lot of smart people taking the exam. Glad I made it through.

The mere pass rate does not say much. We need to know the no. of exam takers over the last few years to better interpret the figures.

cleared both parts at once in single attempt…late but so happy to share.

i m not regular a visitor of this forum…but people can mail me at vaibhavchunduri@gmail.com for any help or guidance. i wud be happy to help.

After the exam, I was almost sure that I’ll have to re-sit, but thank you probability! Passed Part-1. Schweser wasn’t that bad, though i was very worried about my prep after taking mock exam :smiley:

passed part 1 anyone from CALIFORNIA??

+1 passed part 2 though

Can anyone tell me if I can use 2016 books for 2017 exam? I bought the whole package last year and ended up doing one part only.