GO USA, GO!!!!!!!!

I would honor the cease-fire that I signed, or not have signed it in the first place.

Why don’t Chechens or Tamils or Kurds deserve your conscience?

This is so dumb I can almost cry.

What happens when the dust settles? Israel go back to their normal day, mourn the 20 dead and live their long lives with prosperity. What happens to the Palestinians.? They’re prisoners in their own country, no free trade of goods, electricity for half the day, land illegally being taken from them, dwindling water supplies and hospital supplies. There is no justice and peace for the Palestine until Israel give back their land and open up the borders.

Palestine is the 5th most densely populated place on the planet! Where do you want Hamas to fight? Israel with all its sophistication are still bombing schools and hospitals, despite the iron dome and very very few rockets making it into Israeli land. There have only been c20 Israeli deaths of which 1/2 were civilian, there have been 600 deaths in Palestine.

‘If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.’

straw man.

So you advocate the targeting of civilians because you feel Palestians are slighted? Yet you criticise Israel for defending itself. I don’t know what I’d do if I was a Palestinian. I’d probably start by not voting for Hamas. I do know that if some foreign terrorist was launching rockets at my family, I’d have no issue with any response including swift and total destruction of that group and anyone associated with it. To be honest, I feel the Israelis are showing far more restraint than needed. They are under attack. They have an absolute right to defend their women and children. The fact that Hamas uses citizens as a shield to launch their terror campaigns need not be a primary concern of Israelis. Palestinians made their choice when they elected these idiots by a majority.

Your right. Hamas is dedicated to genocide and Israel is running an operation to stop this. Thanks for agreeing.

You would not fight for your country and survival? You would not want the best for your children and people? You’re telling me you would hunker down, live with no electricty, in squalid conditions with all the other things i have mentioned. You would do this, because you signed a cease fire?

Once the dust settles…

I’m not condoning Hamas. But Israel have proven they are intent on genocide…I can see the figures. There is legitmate proof that Israel have killed 600+ palestinians and Hamas have killed 20 Israelis of which 19 were soldiers.

Please explain how killing children on a beach who are playing football is classed as defence?

Israel is acting in defense. Hamas has the sworn goal of removing Israel from the map and they racially hate Jews (whereas Israel has equal rights for all citizens). Tell me who is the genocidal group.

Let me try and explain some other way:

If I have a house and someone came and built a bigger house in my garden without my permission. I would probably go and break their nose. If they came out with 2 guns blazing, i would first of all crap myself and run back indoors. If that guy started inviting all his friends to build houses in my garden and then started taking my electrictiy, my water and my food deliveries and even parked their car infront of mine so my child couldnt get to school in the morning…I would be pretty pissed.

I would resort to violence, if that didnt work I would call up the mad bully from down the road who i’m told has bigger muscles but is also very mean. I would ask for their help in ridding me of this tyrant.

Hamas through their charter, Israel through demonstation.

Thought experiment: How would the world be different today if Hamas had had nuclear weapons for the last 30 years and Israel had none?

Thus far Israel has shown their nukes are use purely as a deterrent. Would Hamas have been so prudent? Who is really intent on wiping who off the map?

Why?

The State of Israel was formed out of war (1948 Arab - Israeli War), legitimized by war crimes (the Holocaust) and the stage is land that people have been fighting over perpetually for thousands of years. Israel has been militarily dominant since the Six-Day War back in the 60s.

Why are the Palestinians “prisoners in their own country?” Because Palestinians and Israelis cannot live side by side. Everywhere in Israel looks like SoCal, but if you walk into a random coffee shop there is a good chance it was bombed at some point. Palestinians killed 1,074 Israelis (largely civilian) and wounded 7,520 between 2000 and 2005 during the Second Intifada alone. It is a constant threat. Neither will ever trust the other, which is why peace is so hard to come by.

In order for there to be peace either one will eliminate the other (State of Israel looks like the clear favorite here) or there will have to be some kind of integration. You cannot have Israel co-exist with Palestine as it is now.

It is very fashionable right now to condemn Israel, and well people should. All violence against helpless civilians should be condemned. But, it does not make Palestine innocent.

The whole thing is about land, but to me it’s more about identify. I think both sides have agreed that they could live peacefully with one another, but under what national identify and leadership? This is why medieval times was much easier.

Powerful King: Your whole group is gonna become part of my larger kingdom. You can keep some semi-important position, but you’ll report to me.

Lesser King: Do I have any other option?

Powerful King: Sure, you can die an honorable death and I’ll get my way anyway.

I’m not saying that what is happening to the average person of Gaza is fair. I think most people just want to go about their day, enjoy their family and live peacefully. Israel has impeded their ability to do so, but if they just accepted the change would it be that way? Not that might makes right, but it’s clear to me this fight will continue till someone wins.

If Israel was genocidal, they could end this all in an hour or so. Hamas is trying to wipe out Israel but lacks the capability. Israel had the capability but doesn’t. So what up? It must be that Israel is not the genocidal nation.

You missed a great opportunity to use “ipso facto.”

That would have muddied the waters.

• 1 geo. Pokim and Isildurrr getting spanked in this “debate.”

If no one shot rockets at Israel, they would leave everyone else alone. To me, this makes them the good guys.