GOP Candidates

I agree that they’re the worst of the list.

I believe in next year gender will attract a lot of attention as race did 3 years ago. In the last election, GOP brought Herman Cain as the “I have a black friend” candidate; this year they’re bringing Carly Fiorina as the “women are fine to” female candidate. The Hispanic card (Rubio) is not working well for them.

This will be a tough election for GOP.

It’s pretty hard to tell Dem and Republican economic policies apart these days…

Bush had a lot of stupid policies but the bailouts weren’t excatly one of them. They 're more like drastic measures that were taken to save the economy. You can support them or not but they’re not really partisan position (although it’s easy for politicians now to say in hidsight that they were a bad idea).

Bush’s economic policy was the tax cuts and Obama’s was the stimulus. History can judge which was better.

Agree that it will be tough for GOP. What are these clowns doing?

Yes, Herman Cain is the token black guy candidate. Rubio is the imitation Obama. However, Carly is not necessarily the token woman candidate. She is more like the horrible rich person who wants to watch the world burn.

Jeb is not bad actually. It just disturbs me that there is now this dynasty in US Presidents.

I actually like this Jindal guy. While his record is very social conservative, if he had an office other than Louisiana governor, someone like that would probably adapt his policies to what he thinks his new constituents want.

Hillary is the most fake, vote pandering, insincere candidate in recent memory. Everything she says is ripped from an opinion poll of “most popular things to say”.

Carly Fiorina is a truly baffling candidate. Who would possibly vote for her in a primary?

Jindal is still hurting from his State of the Union rebuttal a few years ago. That dude sucks at public speaking. Then again, Obama was supposed to be a great orator and he turned out to suck all around, so I don’t know where I’m going with this.

Hillary is trying to use Bill’s playbook. Problem there is she’s missing one gigantic attribute her husband has in spades - charisma. I don’t care for Bill’s politics at all, but he’s probably top on my list of people I’d like to have a beer with.

I wonder who will gain the blessings of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers.

Obama is a great speaker. The problem is he says jack shit. If you give me Obama’s cliff notes and put me on stage, I will have a mental breakdown; the way he can turn this hot air into words is a real talent.

Jindal is a decendent of an Indian Muslim family. I believe the GOP base wouldnt like this

Obama is great at reading a teleprompter. Without Teleprompter 1, he gets into trouble.

The Koch brothers have blessed Walker in the past.

You may already know this, but it’s important to note that the Koch brother are not hardcore republicans. They’re hardcore libertarians. They’re very liberal on social issues (pro gay marriage, blah blah). They back republicans because they care more about fiscal matters than social issues.

I’m in the exact same boat. I despise the far-right social agenda. But, liberal economics makes me want to throw a rabid ferret down my pants. So, just like the Koch brothers, I have to make a choice and I (generally) vote republican.

^ +1

Women who don’t bother to learn anything about the candidates.

He’s a descendant of a Indian Hindu family. Given the backwardness of some sections of the GOP base they would have a problem even if he was Buddhist. The Indians are taking over from the Jews and they’re pretty much going to run America give or take a couple of decades. Might as well start with this guy given how absolutely drab and uninspiring the other contestants are.

What’s the date for the first debate?

He has the name Amar in his family. Didn’t know that Amar can be a Hindu name as well. Still, it would be easier to elect a black hispanic lesbian lady than a Muslim or a Hindu.

Check out this link http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/

^Most people, like my grandma, believe our current President is Muslim. In a sense, Obama could make it easier for the right to elect Bobby J.

Jindal is one of the weaker GOP candidates, so I don’t think it matters much. But it is worth noting that he reached the Governor’s office in one of the most red states out there, so not sure if his skin color matters too much. He will lose for many other (better) reasons than that.

Yeah, he will lose… But frankly, having some Indian type dude will be good for the government. Asian people don’t work in policy because it’s a shit job; they all become doctors or (private) lawyers. Only stupid white and black people enter government. It would be better if lawmakers were more diverse.

^ ban

And I would like it if the Chairman of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, Lamar Smith, actually believed in evolution. But that’s obviously too much to ask of the person that heads a freaking science committee.