Halloween Plans?

I’m going to a Great Gatsby themed party.

I want to party with ft.

^ Absolutely nuts!

I faced a bird in a hand and 2 in the bush situation very early in the night.

^ Sounds terrible for you…

I don’t usually eat candy - I haven’t had it in years. However, I seem to be running into bowls of free candy in every building I go into, even the gym. I had way too much. Those butterfinger cups (like a Reese’s butterfinger) are quite addicting.

And…

It is when the one in the hand is a 7 and the 2 in the bush are 8s.

I was told not to be greedy. Not sure it’s the best advice.

^ Greed is good…

Hope you kept to conventional wisdom. I did the opposite once and learned a hard lesson.

The difference between a 7 and an 8 is something one would find on the interval scale. Hard to quantify with any meaning.

The difference between a 7 and an 8 is something one would find on the interval scale. Hard to quantify with any meaning.

True, but 7*1= 7 and 8*2= 16…pretty clear difference, if the menage was in the mix.

Yes, but the 16 needs to be risk-adjusted. It sounds like the 7 had a 100% probability, while the two 8’s were a gamble.

Waitaminute…

FT, was it a chance to have the two 8’s at the same time? Or would have been an 8 now, and then another 8 later?

Always go for the two 8s if given the chance. U can go pick up a 7 any weekday.

Yes. FT should have broken out Bayes Theorem to come to the correct conclusion. From there he could have run a standard deviation from historical means to come up with a proper confidence interval. I would hope he’s at the point where he can use the Z table instead of the T table.

I wish two 8’s at the same time.

The 7 was a Croatian chick (great face, average body) that I caught checking me out at coat check when I arrived. 5 minutes later when I was at the bar ordering my first drink of the night, she somehow found a way to be within 3 feet from me even though the rest of the 30 feet bar was available to order. We started chatting and she didn’t let me go the rest of the night. Yada, yada, yada.

One of the 8s was someone winking at me out of the blue while passing in front of me. It caught me off guard for a sec and when I got back to my senses, she was lost in the crowd. The other 8 was someone that smiled back at me and kept a decent amount of eye contact when I was heading to the bathroom. There were no guarantees with any of those 8s, but there was definitely a shot. I had to put in some time though and let the 7 go, which I would have done if my friends weren’t talking and trying to hook up with her friends.