I am the lowest paid CFA charterholder. Can u beat me?

Wow, man $58K? Is that base + bonus? What do you get between the 2?

Find a new job immediately, working for that little will haunt you for the rest of your life. I thought my comp was horrible…

This.

Fair point

Please delete

Please delete

Please delete

Please delete

Ahh the joys of Big 4. I got a 2 $500 payments my first year as bonuses. I did however get my $5k CPA pass bonus and then quit 1 month later, so I guess that sort of makes up for it.

I’m glad you posted about your situation I must admit that its a bit scary considering a Canadian CFA compensation report mentions about 25% of the respondant earning well over 200k…

Good luck on asking for you raise, seems like its not an unreasonable move and I kinda doubt you put your employment at risk by bringing this up. I don’t see how the person would be that shocked that you thought of engaging a conversation about your compensation.

Please delete

Please delete

Man you sound beat down. I take it you’ve never been in sales? It sounds like you could benefit from some sales of confidence training. I under stand you vestng issue, but you should have been looking for a new job a long time ago. All of the advise here is worthless if you see something wrong with ith all. The issue is fear. Working on backside of a company takes your force away because you never have to work for that paycheck like on the sales side. Doing nothing is as bad as doing the wrong thing. It’s just a decision. If the next one doesn’t work make another. Make a decision and a goal of what you want and act on it today because tomorrow you may be somewhere you don’t really want to be. Just do it and do it now. Be proactive and give up being reactive.

Based on our exchange on another thread, I think I understand why you may be the lowest-paid employed charterholder.

I took a look at your resume and would actually have some constructive things to say to you, if you weren’t so nasty before.

Well I don’t quite beat you but perhaps tie. I’m making $58.2k/yr plus a bonus that grosses around 5-6k. Live at home with the folks so I see it as making 100k lol. Been with the company for 5 years and been through two promotions (came in at 38k in 2008). They literally promote you with the lowest allowable salary raise where Im at. Past the breaking point and will start to look for new work come June pass or fail this exam.

To the OP, thanks for sharing your salary. I often wonder when people complain about making too low on this forum are they actually making too low (e.g. 50k’s & less) or are they making 75k+ and are saying they’re make too low cause the just found out a friend of theres is in the 125k+ range

Area: NY non-nyc

Job Desciption: Back office retail financial services. Review and principal approve investment products that financial advisors solicit to our clients

dang that is pretty low, everybody knows that big4 audit starts at mid 50s and maybe a bit higher in nyc.

If you want a rise jump to another big4 for a job in the same role, you should get another 5-10k bump.

Hold old are you, 27? when i was 27 I think I was making 59k+3k bonus and was on level 3.

sad truth is, CFA doesnt help you really know anything, its just marketing - we dont like to realize that, but the retention rate of the material is low, plus you dont really get any sort of expertise in anything - the only value is that it will help you get a job if those who are making the decisions are unsophisticated

but, marketing / perception is everything - so its valuable - dont worry, when the market picks up, things will get better i know guys who are brilliant who are unemployed or taking sad jobs, it happens during down markets - no shame in doing what you have to do

Why the hell would you stay because you’re vested in the pension? You’d have to work another 25-30 years to get the max benefit… and if your comp is bad, a $100k/year pension for working somewhere for your whole career isnt a good deal… you might as well get a gov job or be a teacher.

listen to this guy

Yup.

Idiot.