I don't have a clue ETF.....

100% cryptocurrency. Be sure to diversify between bitcoin, dogecoin, etc.

I believe Vanguard has a Total World ETF with a low expense ratio.

^ Ticker: VT Expense ratio: 0.18%

Or go with Total U.S. stock market VTI, expense ratio: 0.05% with 10x more liquidity.

Anyone else thinking gold is a good entry within a 10-year calendar view?

10Y is yielding 2.06%

That doesn’t seem hard to beat with a basket of stable (low-beta) dividend paying stocks, after adjusting for risk. Assuming in 10 years most stocks are at or above current levels in nominal dollars, you could buy VDC - yielding 2.41% as of now, or SCHD/HDV.

Or equal weight US+foreign mega-cap low-beta stocks; e.g. UL, GSK, XOM, T, PFE, VZ, KO, Roche, MCD, AZN, Nestle, NVS etc.

In times like this, the option value of cash is high.

Exactly, while S&P500 25-year returns are an annualized 10%, they might not go anywhere over the next 25 years. For example, without QE inflating the value of equities the index might only be 1500 today…a gain of nothing, but with mega volatility. Stunts will no doubt be pulled to try to “stimulate” developed world equities (see US and JP), but at what cost?

Yup, catch the dips. And there are other markets around the world in which to do this… Mainland China (Shanghai Composite) crashed years ago, and then trended lower and lower for years while the locals piled money into real estate instead. Despite increasing GDP and increasing corporate earnings, P/Es went lower, bottoming out at 8X. This would have been a great place to catch the dip, but it wasn’t open to foreigners. Now that it’s open I’m in, and there’s some probability of the SH Comp doubling to 6000 in the next year or two. That is of course zero return if you held from 2007, and a hell of a lot of volatility for the zero return…but it depends when you get in, and out!