In-Law Drama

I got exactly the type he was talking about

Share homie.

Holidays are stressful and family makes it more stressful. I bet in the op’s case, women are the main reason behind the fight

Everyone here seems to have your back. I don’t.

You know what you did.

Update:

I spoke with FIL and asked if they saw or noticed that we did something he said no everything seemed fine during Thanksgiving. A few hours later I get a text from BIL saying that he didn’t appreciate my wife telling their kids (6 & 10) to calm down when they were wrestling on the floor near a table.

Myself and other family members witnessed it and saw nothing wrong on how my wife talked to her nephews. They are an overly protective couple with their kids to a point they have even got in arguments with the kids soccer coach for yelling at their son during games.

Ok, well, it sounds like they’re doing you a favor by not visiting any more.

Well now that we know what happened, I would re-raise all-in and tell the FIL you’re cutting off communication forever.

Text them both and tell them to “calm down”.

Nuke them from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Man, this is some inane dysfunctional sh*t. I’m wondering though - do the husband and wife have to agree on this sort of behavior? For instance, if my wife were to start shunning relatives over something like this, I would probably apologize to them and say yeah, this is messed up. However, in this case, the BIL and SIL appear to have put in a concerted effort to shun you. How did they reach this point, and when and why did they agree to become “that guy”? Some answers like this, or what bchad does blindfolded in a dark room, perhaps we will never know.

It’s said that bchad spends his spare time reading great Russian classics… in German. All we know is that he’s called the bchad.

Yikes… these sound like bad people. They will no doubt raise their little kids to be special little snowflakes because they are perfect angels. Any parent that would take offense to another adult (especially family) saying something like that to their kids is exactly whats wrong with this country. Any of the neighborhood parents/teachers/coaches of family could say stuff like that or way worse to us growing up, its good for kids.

He was just saying the type of people OP’s in laws were. They seems like entitled brats, and they make them in droves in that area.

It’s said that bchad eats his salad after his entree. with Catalina dressing.

Easy. It’s usually a situation where the woman is wearing the pants and has her hubby on a leash. The “man” (if we can call him so) has no backbone and is frightened to stand up to his wife no matter how unreasonable she is being. The irony is that these men usually only get some on V-day’s and anniversaries, making their over accommodative bahavior mostly unrewarded.

^ To be fair, anyone married knows that you always side with your spouse. It’s like at the office. Disagree all you want behind closed doors but in public you speak with one voice. Taking a side publicly opposite your spouse on anything that matters is an absolute recipe for disaster. The guy here should have manned up though and told her that was ridiculous.